Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Asus Motherboard

Asus Motherboard

RDOC

I have the following ASUS P4B266, with Windows 2000 pro, 1 gig of
memory and a 2.25 CPU.
My led lights were working just fine and have stopped working.
I have checked the LED leads where they fasten to the mother board and
they are tight and in place. How can I correct this problem? Should
I use a meter with one wire on the mother board lead and the other
wire to a ground to determine if the board is sending the voltage to
the bulb? Should I set the meter for 20 volts DC? Is there a special
test light for doing this and if so where can I get one? Can I use a
standard test or circuit light and put one wire on the Mother Board
led and one wire to the chassis for a ground? A couple of months ago I
fried a otherboard and don't want to do this again since it is a
costly error so I am asking for you help please. Any suggestions that
you may have for fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated and
really needed.
Thanks!!
Gary