Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Writing an Appeal Letter for remarking an assignment (University level)

Writing an Appeal Letter for remarking an assignment (University level)

Gameface

Hi,

I am in the process of making an appeal over a grade I received for one uni
assignments for which I received a much lower grade than expected.

Can anyone suggest any tips that will (hopefully) ensure the work is
remarked?

Many Thanks

olfart

"Gameface" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40e2cf01$0$282$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I am in the process of making an appeal over a grade I received for one

uni
> assignments for which I received a much lower grade than expected.
>
> Can anyone suggest any tips that will (hopefully) ensure the work is
> remarked?
>
> Many Thanks

Rule No. 1
Don't begin the letter with.....Dear A**hole

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Gameface wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am in the process of making an appeal over a grade I received for one uni
> assignments for which I received a much lower grade than expected.
>
> Can anyone suggest any tips that will (hopefully) ensure the work is
> remarked?
>
> Many Thanks

5/10 not enough punctuation and assignment should have been singular.
Must try harder.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

olfart wrote:

> "Gameface" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:40e2cf01$0$282$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>I am in the process of making an appeal over a grade I received for one

> uni
>
>>assignments for which I received a much lower grade than expected.
>>
>>Can anyone suggest any tips that will (hopefully) ensure the work is
>>remarked?
>>
>>Many Thanks
>>

> Rule No. 1
> Don't begin the letter with.....Dear A**hole

LOL

Max Power

> Hi,
>
> I am in the process of making an appeal over a grade I received for one

uni
> assignments for which I received a much lower grade than expected.
>
> Can anyone suggest any tips that will (hopefully) ensure the work is
> remarked?

What makes you so sure the work was good?

Diogenes

Gameface wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am in the process of making an appeal over a grade I received for
> one uni assignments for which I received a much lower grade than
> expected.
>
> Can anyone suggest any tips that will (hopefully) ensure the work is
> remarked?
>
> Many Thanks

Rule No. 1
_Begin_ the letter with.....Dear Asshole

Gameface

lol don't worry i wont

Thaks for the advice tho 'olfart'
"olfart" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Gameface" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:40e2cf01$0$282$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am in the process of making an appeal over a grade I received for one

> uni
> > assignments for which I received a much lower grade than expected.
> >
> > Can anyone suggest any tips that will (hopefully) ensure the work is
> > remarked?
> >
> > Many Thanks
> >

> Rule No. 1
> Don't begin the letter with.....Dear A**hole

Gameface

to MaxPower

Just because others have stated it should've received a higher mark
including other senior lectures (not related to my course) for whom have no
I affiliation with.

I know its obviously my own opinion, but I am right in saying that any
student has the right to appeal regardless of other opinions and views.
But I can understand where you are coming from...

"Max Power" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:C3BEc.18716842$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am in the process of making an appeal over a grade I received for one

> uni
> > assignments for which I received a much lower grade than expected.
> >
> > Can anyone suggest any tips that will (hopefully) ensure the work is
> > remarked?

> What makes you so sure the work was good?

Max Power

> Just because others have stated it should've received a higher mark
> including other senior lectures (not related to my course) for whom have

no
> I affiliation with.
>
> I know its obviously my own opinion, but I am right in saying that any
> student has the right to appeal regardless of other opinions and views.
> But I can understand where you are coming from...

So what mark did you actually get, how far short was it?

Why not post your project here and we'll vote on what we
think it is worth?

SgtMinor

Gameface wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am in the process of making an appeal over a grade I received for one uni
> assignments for which I received a much lower grade than expected.
>
> Can anyone suggest any tips that will (hopefully) ensure the work is
> remarked?
>
> Many Thanks

Be careful what you ask for. Your assignment may indeed be regraded,
but with an outcome you don't want.

The best appeal would be one based on objective reasoning. Were the
criteria for the assignment explained clearly? Was the grading system
to be used explained to you? Were explanations provided for the low
grade? Do you know who actually did the grading?

From your posts in this thread it appears that you are having problems
with spelling and grammar. Was that an issue with your assignment? If
you do decide to file an appeal, have someone with good language skills
check your writing.