Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > picture problem IE6

picture problem IE6

Andy1973

Any ideas? Some websites fail to show certain features. For example, on a
site offering interactive wordsearches, instead of the word search I get a
frame which is empty except for, in the top left corner, a small white
square, containing microscopic shapes: red square top left, blue triangle
at bottom, and blue circle on right. I have ME and Outpost 1.0. This
problem is not the "pictures not loading" (red X) problem. Any suggestions
would be appreciated.

Unk

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:34:34 +0000 (UTC), "Andy1973"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Any ideas? Some websites fail to show certain features. For example, on a
>site offering interactive wordsearches, instead of the word search I get a
>frame which is empty except for, in the top left corner, a small white
>square, containing microscopic shapes: red square top left, blue triangle
>at bottom, and blue circle on right. I have ME and Outpost 1.0. This
>problem is not the "pictures not loading" (red X) problem. Any suggestions
>would be appreciated.

Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options.
Click the "Advanced" tab, Scroll down to "Multimedia", check "Show
pictures", and uncheck "Show image download placeholders". Click "apply",
"OK"

Also click the "General" tab, Under "Temporary Internet Files", click the
"Delete Files" button, check the box, "Delete all offline content", "OK".
After it finishes, click the "Settings" button and lower the amount of disk
space to use to 20 Meg. Click "OK", "Apply". That will increase your hard
drive space by how much was in that folder. I've seen it well over a gig.
Folders that big are prone to crosslinked files.
Clear it weekly, or sooner, especially if IE starts acting funny.

Also click the "Advanced" tab, scroll down to "Security", and check the box,
"Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed", click
"Apply", "OK"

How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263070

Andy1973

Thanks for your time and effort. I followed all instructions but
unfortunately the problem remains. Thanks all the same.

"Unk" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:34:34 +0000 (UTC), "Andy1973"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >Any ideas? Some websites fail to show certain features. For example, on

> >site offering interactive wordsearches, instead of the word search I get

> >frame which is empty except for, in the top left corner, a small white
> >square, containing microscopic shapes: red square top left, blue

triangle
> >at bottom, and blue circle on right. I have ME and Outpost 1.0. This
> >problem is not the "pictures not loading" (red X) problem. Any

suggestions
> >would be appreciated.
> >

> Click Start, Settings, Control Panel, Internet Options.
> Click the "Advanced" tab, Scroll down to "Multimedia", check "Show
> pictures", and uncheck "Show image download placeholders". Click "apply",
> "OK"
>
> Also click the "General" tab, Under "Temporary Internet Files", click the
> "Delete Files" button, check the box, "Delete all offline content", "OK".
> After it finishes, click the "Settings" button and lower the amount of

disk
> space to use to 20 Meg. Click "OK", "Apply". That will increase your hard
> drive space by how much was in that folder. I've seen it well over a gig.
> Folders that big are prone to crosslinked files.
> Clear it weekly, or sooner, especially if IE starts acting funny.
>
> Also click the "Advanced" tab, scroll down to "Security", and check the

box,
> "Empty Temporary Internet Files folder when browser is closed", click
> "Apply", "OK"
>
> How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263070

°Mike°

Check your settings in Outpost. It may be set to
block ActiveX, Java, or other controls.

Enabling and disabling Ad Blocking in Norton

Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer

How Internet Explorer Cache Settings Affect Web Browsing

Web Accessories Functionality Turns Off Image Downloading

Images & Pictures - Internet Explorer
http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/ieimage.htm

Can't see jpg's or gifs - Red X - images missing
http://www.mvps.org/inetexplorer/answers.htm#jpg_gif

You Cannot Open New Internet Explorer Window or
Nothing Happens After You Click a Link

Nothing happens when you click a link
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:34:34 +0000 (UTC), in
<cbsjoq$ait$(E-Mail Removed)>
Andy1973 scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance