Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Asus Motherboard

Asus Motherboard

RDOC

[Contact Information]
Name : Gary F. Pitel
Email : http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)
Telephone :
City : Bridgeton, NJ
Country : United States

[Product Information]
Product Type : Motherboard
Model Name : P4B266
Product Type : Motherboard
Product Serial No : 24ZKou7672
Purchase Location : Internet
Purchase Date : 2004/3/1
MB version : 1010
MB BIOS version : 2.01
CPU Vendor : Intel
CPU Type : Socket 478
CPU Speed : 2.20
Memory Vendor : Crucial
Memory Type : Dimms
Memory Size : 1 gig
HD Vendor : Western Digital
HD Name : 80JB Caviliar
HD Size : 80 gig
Addon Card Vendor :
Addon Card Type :
Addon Card Name :

Operating System : Windows 2000 Professional

Problem Description
I have the following ASUS P4B266, with Windows 2000 pro, 1 gig
of
memory and a 2.25 CPU.
My led lights were working just fine and have stopped working.
I have
checked the LED leads where they fasten to the mother board and they
are tight and in place. How can I correct this problem? Should I
use a meter with
one wire on the mother board lead and the other wire to a ground to
determine if the board is sending the voltage to the bulb? Should I
set the meter for 20 volts DC? Is there a special test light for doing
this and if so where can I
get one? Can I use a standard test or circuit light and put one wire
on the Mother Board led and one wire to the chassis for a ground? A
couple of months ago I fried a otherboard and don't want to do this
again since it is a costly error so I am asking for your help please.
Any suggestions that you may have for fixing this problem would be
greatly appreciated and really needed. Thanks!!
Gary
--
Gary F. Pitel
(E-Mail Removed)

Hamman

<snip excessive>

stick a multimeter on two of the pins in either connection test or low
voltage meter mode [depending on your meter, read the book]

hamman