Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > help!!! engine.dll problem

help!!! engine.dll problem

Scott

I'm having a problem with Tiger woods 2004.
Have had many email exchanges with someone at EA who appears unable to help.

THe game appears to install fine but when you try to start it up you get a
message saying it failed to initialise because engine.dll could not be
found. Anyone ever came across this or know how to fix it.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide

°Mike°

Uninstall the program. Clean out your system, particularly
your temporary folders -- see my signature.

Reinstall or update DirectX -- make sure that you have
hardware acceleration enabled.

Reinstall the program.

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:17:49 +0200, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Scott scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Scott

Mike

Thanks for the reply
WHere do I go to check if hardware acceleration is enabled.
Have already tried your other suggestion to no avail
> Uninstall the program. Clean out your system, particularly
> your temporary folders -- see my signature.
>
> Reinstall or update DirectX -- make sure that you have
> hardware acceleration enabled.
>
> Reinstall the program.
>

> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:17:49 +0200, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Scott scrawled:
>
> >I'm having a problem with Tiger woods 2004.
> >Have had many email exchanges with someone at EA who appears unable to

help.

> >THe game appears to install fine but when you try to start it up you get

> >message saying it failed to initialise because engine.dll could not be
> >found. Anyone ever came across this or know how to fix it.
> >
> >Thanks for any help anyone can provide
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

GoGeta

yor probably going to have to format and clean install to get it to
work..sounds like a very cluttered system

"Scott" <scott251170 @hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm having a problem with Tiger woods 2004.
> Have had many email exchanges with someone at EA who appears unable to

help.

> THe game appears to install fine but when you try to start it up you get a
> message saying it failed to initialise because engine.dll could not be
> found. Anyone ever came across this or know how to fix it.
>
> Thanks for any help anyone can provide

°Mike°

That depends on what system you are running,
doesn't it?

On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:10:57 +0200, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Scott scrawled:

>Mike
>
>Thanks for the reply
>WHere do I go to check if hardware acceleration is enabled.
>Have already tried your other suggestion to no avail

>> Uninstall the program. Clean out your system, particularly
>> your temporary folders -- see my signature.
>>
>> Reinstall or update DirectX -- make sure that you have
>> hardware acceleration enabled.
>>
>> Reinstall the program.
>>

>> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:17:49 +0200, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Scott scrawled:
>>
>> >I'm having a problem with Tiger woods 2004.
>> >Have had many email exchanges with someone at EA who
>> >appears unable to help.
>> >
>> >THe game appears to install fine but when you try to start
>> >it up you get a message saying it failed to initialise because
>> >engine.dll could not be found. Anyone ever came across this
>> >or know how to fix it.
>> >
>> >Thanks for any help anyone can provide

--
Basic computer maintenance

Scott

Windows xp
Graphics card is a geforece 2 i think

> That depends on what system you are running,
> doesn't it?
>

> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 20:10:57 +0200, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Scott scrawled:
>
> >Mike
> >
> >Thanks for the reply
> >WHere do I go to check if hardware acceleration is enabled.
> >Have already tried your other suggestion to no avail
> >
> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> Uninstall the program. Clean out your system, particularly
> >> your temporary folders -- see my signature.
> >>
> >> Reinstall or update DirectX -- make sure that you have
> >> hardware acceleration enabled.
> >>
> >> Reinstall the program.
> >>

> >> On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 19:17:49 +0200, in
> >> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> >> Scott scrawled:

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Control Panel / Display / Settings / Advanced / Troubleshoot.

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:59:33 +0200, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Scott scrawled:

>Windows xp
>Graphics card is a geforece 2 i think

>> That depends on what system you are running,
>> doesn't it?

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Scott

Hardware acceleration is set to full on

Any other suggestions???
> Control Panel / Display / Settings / Advanced / Troubleshoot.
>

> On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 14:59:33 +0200, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Scott scrawled:
>
> >Windows xp
> >Graphics card is a geforece 2 i think
> >
> >"°Mike°" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >> That depends on what system you are running,
> >> doesn't it?
> >>

> <snip>
>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

If you did all of the other stuff, and it is a legit
copy of the game, then I suggest you contact
the software house that makes it.

On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:43:06 +0200, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Scott scrawled: