Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Lotus notes

Lotus notes

Continental Translations

I've just been looking for a Lotus Notes NG but couldn't find one so thought
I would ask here.

I have an email address in an office which I only go to once a week. For
security reasons, we cannot access this email account from home. Therefore,
I am trying to find a way of automatically forwarding all emails that get
sent to that account in the office to my home account.

The email application is Lotus Notes. So, what I am after is a kinda message
rule which says "forward all mail from inbox to http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)"

Any ideas? Also, would this work if certain privildges have been took off
from the administrator at the office?

Brian

"Continental Translations" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:cbrr79$ij8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've just been looking for a Lotus Notes NG but couldn't find one so

thought
> I would ask here.
>
> I have an email address in an office which I only go to once a week. For
> security reasons, we cannot access this email account from home.

Therefore,
> I am trying to find a way of automatically forwarding all emails that get
> sent to that account in the office to my home account.
>
> The email application is Lotus Notes. So, what I am after is a kinda

message
> rule which says "forward all mail from inbox to (E-Mail Removed)"
>
> Any ideas? Also, would this work if certain privildges have been took off
> from the administrator at the office?

if your pc is turned off while you are out of office then you will have to
ask your admin to forward them from the office's mail server.. if it stays
on then
read this
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ab/impexp/impexp-12.html

Brian

"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Continental Translations" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:cbrr79$ij8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > I've just been looking for a Lotus Notes NG but couldn't find one so

> thought
> > I would ask here.
> >
> > I have an email address in an office which I only go to once a week. For
> > security reasons, we cannot access this email account from home.

> Therefore,
> > I am trying to find a way of automatically forwarding all emails that

get
> > sent to that account in the office to my home account.
> >
> > The email application is Lotus Notes. So, what I am after is a kinda

> message
> > rule which says "forward all mail from inbox to (E-Mail Removed)"
> >
> > Any ideas? Also, would this work if certain privildges have been took

off
> > from the administrator at the office?
> >

> if your pc is turned off while you are out of office then you will have to
> ask your admin to forward them from the office's mail server.. if it stays
> on then
> read this
> http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ab/impexp/impexp-12.html

oops wrong link
http://www.perryland.com/lotus2.html is right.. but i doubt that your pc
stays on anyway in the office.. but your admin can do this for you.

Continental Translations

It is not an individual PC but a network of PCs which I log on to any!

As far as i'm aware, all PCs stay on 24-7

Brian <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> > "Continental Translations" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im
> > Newsbeitrag news:cbrr79$ij8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > I've just been looking for a Lotus Notes NG but couldn't find one so

> > thought
> > > I would ask here.
> > >
> > > I have an email address in an office which I only go to once a week.

For
> > > security reasons, we cannot access this email account from home.

> > Therefore,
> > > I am trying to find a way of automatically forwarding all emails that

> get
> > > sent to that account in the office to my home account.
> > >
> > > The email application is Lotus Notes. So, what I am after is a kinda

> > message
> > > rule which says "forward all mail from inbox to (E-Mail Removed)"
> > >
> > > Any ideas? Also, would this work if certain privildges have been took

> off
> > > from the administrator at the office?
> > >

> > if your pc is turned off while you are out of office then you will have

> > ask your admin to forward them from the office's mail server.. if it

stays
> > on then
> > read this
> > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ab/impexp/impexp-12.html
> >

> oops wrong link
> http://www.perryland.com/lotus2.html is right.. but i doubt that your pc
> stays on anyway in the office.. but your admin can do this for you.

Williams

"Continental Translations" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cbrr79$ij8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've just been looking for a Lotus Notes NG but couldn't find one so

thought
> I would ask here.

comp.groupware.lotus-notes.

> I have an email address in an office which I only go to once a week. For
> security reasons, we cannot access this email account from home.

Therefore,
> I am trying to find a way of automatically forwarding all emails that get
> sent to that account in the office to my home account.

Ask your office tech.

> The email application is Lotus Notes. So, what I am after is a kinda

message
> rule which says "forward all mail from inbox to (E-Mail Removed)"
>
> Any ideas? Also, would this work if certain privildges have been took off
> from the administrator at the office?

Brian

"Continental Translations" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:cbruih$qkh$(E-Mail Removed)...
> It is not an individual PC but a network of PCs which I log on to any!
>
> As far as i'm aware, all PCs stay on 24-7
>
> Brian <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> > "Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > >
> > > "Continental Translations" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im
> > > Newsbeitrag news:cbrr79$ij8$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > thought

> For
> > > Therefore,

that
> > get

> > > message

took
> > off
> > > >

> > > if your pc is turned off while you are out of office then you will

have
> > > ask your admin to forward them from the office's mail server.. if it

> stays
> > > on then
> > > read this
> > > http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/ab/impexp/impexp-12.html
> > >

> > oops wrong link
> > http://www.perryland.com/lotus2.html is right.. but i doubt that your pc
> > stays on anyway in the office.. but your admin can do this for you.

yes .. i gathered that.. thats why i said if your pc does get turned off
your sys admin would have to do it.. read the last link i posted and see if
that helps.. otherwise ask your admin to forward them.

zxcvbob

Continental Translations wrote:

> I've just been looking for a Lotus Notes NG but couldn't find one so thought
> I would ask here.
>
> I have an email address in an office which I only go to once a week. For
> security reasons, we cannot access this email account from home. Therefore,
> I am trying to find a way of automatically forwarding all emails that get
> sent to that account in the office to my home account.
>
> The email application is Lotus Notes. So, what I am after is a kinda message
> rule which says "forward all mail from inbox to (E-Mail Removed)"
>
> Any ideas? Also, would this work if certain privildges have been took off
> from the administrator at the office?

From your inbox, pull-down Actions->Tools->Out_of_Office (or just
Tools->Out_of_Office, depending on what version of Notes you are running
and your preferences.) From here you should be able to set up mail
forwarding. Just tell Notes that you are always out of the office and
it will forward all your mail and leave a copy in your inbox. HTH

Bob

Blinky the Shark

Continental Translations wrote:

> I've just been looking for a Lotus Notes NG but couldn't find one so thought
> I would ask here.

Where have you been looking?

comp.groupware.lotus-notes.admin
comp.groupware.lotus-notes.apps