Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > My ASP.Net files dont work

My ASP.Net files dont work

Aparna

I have windows xp professional as my OS , IIS 5.5 installed
Now when later I installed ASP.NET then my aspx.net files dont work.In
the sense only HTML part is displayed but vb script(dot net) part does
not get displayed.
For Example

following is the timedisplay.aspx code
Codebehind="TimeDisplay.aspx.vb" Inherits="Diary.TimeDisplay"%>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<title>TimeDisplay</title>
</HEAD>
<asp:Label id="displayLabel" style="Z-INDEX: 100; LEFT: 26px;
POSITION: absolute; TOP: 70px" runat="server" Width="273px">A Simple
Web Form Example</asp:Label>
<asp:Label id="timeLabel" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 27px;
POSITION: absolute; TOP: 172px" runat="server"
Width="176px"></asp:Label>&nbsp;
</form>
</HTML>

The code behind file i.e. Timedisplay.aspx.vb for above aspx file is

Public Class TimeDisplay
Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
Protected WithEvents displayLabel As
System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label
Protected WithEvents timeLabel As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label

InitializeComponent()

End Sub

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init
'CODEGEN: This method call is required by the Web Form
Designer
InitializeComponent()
timeLabel.Text =
String.Format("{02}:{12}{22}",DateTime.Now.H our,
DateTime.Now.Minute, DateTime.Now.Second)
End Sub

#End Region

System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
End Sub

End Class

the output in the browser is
A Simple Web Form Example

Where as the expected output shud be
A Simple Web Form Example
10.23.14

that is both text and time.
Only text that is HTML part is displayed but time that is vb.net part
is not displayed..

I have tried a number of examples, but in all only HTML part works
like the one above.
Please give possible solutions to this problem.I cant proceed just
because of this

Germano

This usually happens when you install IIS after the .NET framework. Try
removing the framework and IIS, then install IIS followed by the framework.

"Aparna" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have windows xp professional as my OS , IIS 5.5 installed
> Now when later I installed ASP.NET then my aspx.net files dont work.In
> the sense only HTML part is displayed but vb script(dot net) part does
> not get displayed.
> For Example
>
> following is the timedisplay.aspx code
> Codebehind="TimeDisplay.aspx.vb" Inherits="Diary.TimeDisplay"%>
> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
> <title>TimeDisplay</title>
> </HEAD>
> <asp:Label id="displayLabel" style="Z-INDEX: 100; LEFT: 26px;
> POSITION: absolute; TOP: 70px" runat="server" Width="273px">A Simple
> Web Form Example</asp:Label>
> <asp:Label id="timeLabel" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 27px;
> POSITION: absolute; TOP: 172px" runat="server"
> Width="176px"></asp:Label>&nbsp;
> </form>
> </HTML>
>
> The code behind file i.e. Timedisplay.aspx.vb for above aspx file is
>
> Public Class TimeDisplay
> Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
> Protected WithEvents displayLabel As
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label
> Protected WithEvents timeLabel As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label

> InitializeComponent()
>
> End Sub

> System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init
> 'CODEGEN: This method call is required by the Web Form
> Designer
> InitializeComponent()
> timeLabel.Text =
> String.Format("{02}:{12}{22}",DateTime.Now.H our,
> DateTime.Now.Minute, DateTime.Now.Second)
> End Sub
>
> #End Region

> System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
> End Sub
>
> End Class
>
> the output in the browser is
> A Simple Web Form Example
>
> Where as the expected output shud be
> A Simple Web Form Example
> 10.23.14
>
> that is both text and time.
> Only text that is HTML part is displayed but time that is vb.net part
> is not displayed..
>

> I have tried a number of examples, but in all only HTML part works
> like the one above.
> Please give possible solutions to this problem.I cant proceed just
> because of this

Mike Smith

No NO dont remove it.. theres a more simple/faster option...

Just reinstall the asp.net thru the
followin command line

C:\> <windows dir>\Microsoft.Net\framework\<version
folder>\aspnet_regiis -i

do that in the dos prompt and see if that helps...
In your IIS settings, right click Default Web Site and go to properties,
Select Home Directory and click on the configuration button, verify that the
new extensions are registered (i.e aspx and other ...x are listed)

Its real odd.. ive seen this happen on machines that had IIS BEFORE .NET WAS
INSTALLED.. i noticed that it was mainly VS.NET 2002 running on XP Pros.

"Aparna" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have windows xp professional as my OS , IIS 5.5 installed
> Now when later I installed ASP.NET then my aspx.net files dont work.In
> the sense only HTML part is displayed but vb script(dot net) part does
> not get displayed.
> For Example
>
> following is the timedisplay.aspx code
> Codebehind="TimeDisplay.aspx.vb" Inherits="Diary.TimeDisplay"%>
> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
> <title>TimeDisplay</title>
> </HEAD>
> <asp:Label id="displayLabel" style="Z-INDEX: 100; LEFT: 26px;
> POSITION: absolute; TOP: 70px" runat="server" Width="273px">A Simple
> Web Form Example</asp:Label>
> <asp:Label id="timeLabel" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 27px;
> POSITION: absolute; TOP: 172px" runat="server"
> Width="176px"></asp:Label>&nbsp;
> </form>
> </HTML>
>
> The code behind file i.e. Timedisplay.aspx.vb for above aspx file is
>
> Public Class TimeDisplay
> Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
> Protected WithEvents displayLabel As
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label
> Protected WithEvents timeLabel As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label

> InitializeComponent()
>
> End Sub

> System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init
> 'CODEGEN: This method call is required by the Web Form
> Designer
> InitializeComponent()
> timeLabel.Text =
> String.Format("{02}:{12}{22}",DateTime.Now.H our,
> DateTime.Now.Minute, DateTime.Now.Second)
> End Sub
>
> #End Region

> System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
> End Sub
>
> End Class
>
> the output in the browser is
> A Simple Web Form Example
>
> Where as the expected output shud be
> A Simple Web Form Example
> 10.23.14
>
> that is both text and time.
> Only text that is HTML part is displayed but time that is vb.net part
> is not displayed..
>

> I have tried a number of examples, but in all only HTML part works
> like the one above.
> Please give possible solutions to this problem.I cant proceed just
> because of this

Coder Coder

Have you compiled the code?
Is IIS running?

What do you expect to see?

No server side code should be displayed in the browser window.

http://www.xpcoder.net

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Aparna) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> I have windows xp professional as my OS , IIS 5.5 installed
> Now when later I installed ASP.NET then my aspx.net files dont work.In
> the sense only HTML part is displayed but vb script(dot net) part does
> not get displayed.
> For Example
>
> following is the timedisplay.aspx code
> Codebehind="TimeDisplay.aspx.vb" Inherits="Diary.TimeDisplay"%>
> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
> <title>TimeDisplay</title>
> </HEAD>
> <asp:Label id="displayLabel" style="Z-INDEX: 100; LEFT: 26px;
> POSITION: absolute; TOP: 70px" runat="server" Width="273px">A Simple
> Web Form Example</asp:Label>
> <asp:Label id="timeLabel" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 27px;
> POSITION: absolute; TOP: 172px" runat="server"
> Width="176px"></asp:Label>&nbsp;
> </form>
> </HTML>
>
> The code behind file i.e. Timedisplay.aspx.vb for above aspx file is
>
> Public Class TimeDisplay
> Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
> Protected WithEvents displayLabel As
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label
> Protected WithEvents timeLabel As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label

> InitializeComponent()
>
> End Sub

> System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init
> 'CODEGEN: This method call is required by the Web Form
> Designer
> InitializeComponent()
> timeLabel.Text =
> String.Format("{02}:{12}{22}",DateTime.Now.H our,
> DateTime.Now.Minute, DateTime.Now.Second)
> End Sub
>
> #End Region

> System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
> End Sub
>
> End Class
>
> the output in the browser is
> A Simple Web Form Example
>
> Where as the expected output shud be
> A Simple Web Form Example
> 10.23.14
>
> that is both text and time.
> Only text that is HTML part is displayed but time that is vb.net part
> is not displayed..
>

> I have tried a number of examples, but in all only HTML part works
> like the one above.
> Please give possible solutions to this problem.I cant proceed just
> because of this

Aparna

I have compiled and also my IIs is running.What I expect is that the
output for my server side code shud be there in my web pages.In the
example which I posted the output shud be
This is a simple web example
12.32.48

that is display of text and time.
But time is not getting displayed as it involves server side sript.
Moreover in my virtual default web site the proprty sheet's documents
tab displays only .asp files and .htm files but no .aspx files.
So if there is any setting problem then please tell me.
I dont know how to go about it.I want my .net programs to work on my
PC.

(E-Mail Removed) (Coder Coder) wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> [...]
> > InitializeComponent()
> > timeLabel.Text =
> > String.Format("{02}:{12}{22}",DateTime.Now.H our,
> > DateTime.Now.Minute, DateTime.Now.Second)
> > End Sub
> >
> > #End Region

> > 'Put user code to initialize the page here
> > End Sub
> >
> > End Class
> >
> > the output in the browser is
> > A Simple Web Form Example
> >
> > Where as the expected output shud be
> > A Simple Web Form Example
> > 10.23.14
> >
> > that is both text and time.
> > Only text that is HTML part is displayed but time that is vb.net part
> > is not displayed..
> >

> > I have tried a number of examples, but in all only HTML part works
> > like the one above.
> > Please give possible solutions to this problem.I cant proceed just

Aparna

I reinstalled dot net.
In My IIs settings , when I right click Default Web Site and go to
properties,
Select Home Directory and click on the configuration button, then I
find only .asp,.asa extensions but not .aspx and other ...x extensions
How do I change the configuration of my IIS settings.
Please help as still my dot net programs are not working.

"Mike Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:<(E-Mail Removed)>...
> [...]
> > InitializeComponent()
> > timeLabel.Text =
> > String.Format("{02}:{12}{22}",DateTime.Now.H our,
> > DateTime.Now.Minute, DateTime.Now.Second)
> > End Sub
> >
> > #End Region

> > 'Put user code to initialize the page here
> > End Sub
> >
> > End Class
> >
> > the output in the browser is
> > A Simple Web Form Example
> >
> > Where as the expected output shud be
> > A Simple Web Form Example
> > 10.23.14
> >
> > that is both text and time.
> > Only text that is HTML part is displayed but time that is vb.net part
> > is not displayed..
> >

> > I have tried a number of examples, but in all only HTML part works
> > like the one above.
> > Please give possible solutions to this problem.I cant proceed just

Mike Smith

just run the command line stuff that i gave u earlier...

> [...]

> > > DateTime.Now.Minute, DateTime.Now.Second)
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > #End Region
> > >
> > > Private Sub Page_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As
> > > System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
> > > 'Put user code to initialize the page here
> > > End Sub
> > >
> > > End Class
> > >
> > > the output in the browser is
> > > A Simple Web Form Example
> > >
> > > Where as the expected output shud be
> > > A Simple Web Form Example
> > > 10.23.14
> > >
> > > that is both text and time.
> > > Only text that is HTML part is displayed but time that is vb.net part
> > > is not displayed..
> > >

> > > I have tried a number of examples, but in all only HTML part works
> > > like the one above.
> > > Please give possible solutions to this problem.I cant proceed just

ez

You might want to run the aspnet_regiis.exe utility.

See this article:

http://tinyurl.com/2cv74

ez

"Aparna" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> I have windows xp professional as my OS , IIS 5.5 installed
> Now when later I installed ASP.NET then my aspx.net files dont work.In
> the sense only HTML part is displayed but vb script(dot net) part does
> not get displayed.
> For Example
>
> following is the timedisplay.aspx code
> Codebehind="TimeDisplay.aspx.vb" Inherits="Diary.TimeDisplay"%>
> <HTML>
> <HEAD>
> <title>TimeDisplay</title>
> </HEAD>
> <asp:Label id="displayLabel" style="Z-INDEX: 100; LEFT: 26px;
> POSITION: absolute; TOP: 70px" runat="server" Width="273px">A Simple
> Web Form Example</asp:Label>
> <asp:Label id="timeLabel" style="Z-INDEX: 102; LEFT: 27px;
> POSITION: absolute; TOP: 172px" runat="server"
> Width="176px"></asp:Label>&nbsp;
> </form>
> </HTML>
>
> The code behind file i.e. Timedisplay.aspx.vb for above aspx file is
>
> Public Class TimeDisplay
> Inherits System.Web.UI.Page
> Protected WithEvents displayLabel As
> System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label
> Protected WithEvents timeLabel As System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label

> InitializeComponent()
>
> End Sub

> System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Init
> 'CODEGEN: This method call is required by the Web Form
> Designer
> InitializeComponent()
> timeLabel.Text =
> String.Format("{02}:{12}{22}",DateTime.Now.H our,
> DateTime.Now.Minute, DateTime.Now.Second)
> End Sub
>
> #End Region

> System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
> End Sub
>
> End Class
>
> the output in the browser is
> A Simple Web Form Example
>
> Where as the expected output shud be
> A Simple Web Form Example
> 10.23.14
>
> that is both text and time.
> Only text that is HTML part is displayed but time that is vb.net part
> is not displayed..
>

> I have tried a number of examples, but in all only HTML part works
> like the one above.
> Please give possible solutions to this problem.I cant proceed just
> because of this

Paul C

Yes, just run the command line stuff. I had this problem once, and this
command fixes it.

"Mike Smith" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> just run the command line stuff that i gave u earlier...
>
> "Aparna" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> > I have compiled and also my IIs is running.What I expect is that the
> > output for my server side code shud be there in my web pages.In the
> > example which I posted the output shud be
> > This is a simple web example
> > 12.32.48
> >
> > that is display of text and time.
> > But time is not getting displayed as it involves server side sript.
> > Moreover in my virtual default web site the proprty sheet's documents
> > tab displays only .asp files and .htm files but no .aspx files.
> > So if there is any setting problem then please tell me.
> > I dont know how to go about it.I want my .net programs to work on my
> > PC.
> >

> > (E-Mail Removed) (Coder Coder) wrote in message

> news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...
> > > Have you compiled the code?
> > > Is IIS running?
> > >
> > > What do you expect to see?
> > >
> > > No server side code should be displayed in the browser window.
> > >

> > > http://www.xpcoder.net
> > >

> > > (E-Mail Removed) (Aparna) wrote in message

> news:<(E-Mail Removed). com>...

work.In

does

System.Web.UI.WebControls.Label

part

Arun

Run aspnet_regiis -i, which is available as part of the .NET framework
tools. It should fix the problem.

news:dop%b.2736$(E-Mail Removed) ...