Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Add/Remove Programs doesn't list all software

Add/Remove Programs doesn't list all software

Brian

I'm running XP Home. I need to uninstall a program on my computer. The
instructions with the software say to go to Add/Remove Programs in
Control Panel and remove it from there but this particular program
does not show up in the list. The program is fully functional so it's
definitely installed correctly. I have all the latest Windows updates
installed. Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Paul

Brian wrote:

> I'm running XP Home. I need to uninstall a program on my computer. The
> instructions with the software say to go to Add/Remove Programs in
> Control Panel and remove it from there but this particular program
> does not show up in the list. The program is fully functional so it's
> definitely installed correctly.

Does an uninstall item appear for it in the Start menu? If not, try
installing it over itself again, to recreate the Uninstall menu.

Unk

On 28 Jun 2004 18:58:29 -0700, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) (Brian) wrote:

>I'm running XP Home. I need to uninstall a program on my computer. The
>instructions with the software say to go to Add/Remove Programs in
>Control Panel and remove it from there but this particular program
>does not show up in the list. The program is fully functional so it's
>definitely installed correctly. I have all the latest Windows updates
>installed. Any suggestions?
>Thanks!

Look in the program's folder for an uninstaller file called something
similar to "unins000.exe"