Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > laptop

laptop

Bob B

When an XP system laptop freezes solid so even ctrl/alt/delete wont work so
you cant access 'task manager'
>....how do you switch it off ? Bob

Patrick

I think (I know for HP and Compaqs) that if you just hold down the button
you press to turn it on for 5 seconds, it will cut off. If that doesn't
work, you could also just pop out the battery and pop it back in.

"Bob B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:aw1Ec.195$(E-Mail Removed)...
> When an XP system laptop freezes solid so even ctrl/alt/delete wont work

so
> you cant access 'task manager'
> >....how do you switch it off ? Bob

Brian

"Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:S51Ec.17773$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> I think (I know for HP and Compaqs) that if you just hold down the button
> you press to turn it on for 5 seconds, it will cut off. If that doesn't
> work, you could also just pop out the battery and pop it back in.
>

> "Bob B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:aw1Ec.195$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > When an XP system laptop freezes solid so even ctrl/alt/delete wont work

> so
> > you cant access 'task manager'
> > >....how do you switch it off ? Bob

you could also just pop out the battery and pop it back in
OMFG

Rifleman

"Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:S51Ec.17773$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> I think (I know for HP and Compaqs) that if you just hold down the button
> you press to turn it on for 5 seconds, it will cut off.

Toshes do that as well.

Scraggy

Rifleman wrote:
> "Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:S51Ec.17773$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
>> I think (I know for HP and Compaqs) that if you just hold down the
>> button you press to turn it on for 5 seconds, it will cut off.

> Toshes do that as well.

Tosh, will of course, deny this.

Rifleman

"Scraggy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Rifleman wrote:
> > "Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:S51Ec.17773$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> >> I think (I know for HP and Compaqs) that if you just hold down the
> >> button you press to turn it on for 5 seconds, it will cut off.

> > Toshes do that as well.

> Tosh, will of course, deny this.

Oi Tosh, gotta Toshiba?

Bob B

"Brian" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Patrick" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:S51Ec.17773$(E-Mail Removed) hlink.net...
> > I think (I know for HP and Compaqs) that if you just hold down the

button
> > you press to turn it on for 5 seconds, it will cut off. If that doesn't
> > work, you could also just pop out the battery and pop it back in.
> >

> > "Bob B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > news:aw1Ec.195$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > > When an XP system laptop freezes solid so even ctrl/alt/delete wont

work
> > so
> > > you cant access 'task manager'
> > > >

> you could also just pop out the battery and pop it back in
> OMFG

Amazing..... so the only way to turn it off is to 'disconnect the battery'
Bob (by the way it is an Ei system 4420 (from pc world)