Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Motherboard help needed

Motherboard help needed

Alan

Hi
I haev a VIA VT82C686A motherboard running a 900mhz CPU. I need to know if I
can run an AMD Duron 1.6Ghz on this board. Thanks.
Alan.

ICee

Alan wrote:
> Hi
> I haev a VIA VT82C686A motherboard running a 900mhz CPU. I need to
> know if I can run an AMD Duron 1.6Ghz on this board. Thanks.
> Alan.

That number is not the motherboard, but the chipset (south bridge to be
exact) that is used on the MB. A 1600MHz Duron will probably work, but
the motherboard model number would be helpful to know for sure.

I had an old sys with 900Duron the max on this board was 1400mhz, and
actually it would'nt run correctly with that.

"ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Alan wrote:
> > Hi
> > I haev a VIA VT82C686A motherboard running a 900mhz CPU. I need to
> > know if I can run an AMD Duron 1.6Ghz on this board. Thanks.
> > Alan.

> That number is not the motherboard, but the chipset (south bridge to be
> exact) that is used on the MB. A 1600MHz Duron will probably work, but
> the motherboard model number would be helpful to know for sure.

Brian

"Alan" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:rqZDc.676$v%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi
> I haev a VIA VT82C686A motherboard running a 900mhz CPU. I need to know if

> can run an AMD Duron 1.6Ghz on this board. Thanks.
> Alan.

ever used google? search for your board and its properties