Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Mozilla Firefox 0.9 browser problem

Mozilla Firefox 0.9 browser problem

The Dude

IS there a reason why this app is opening two web pages when ever I
click on a link??
I uninstalled 0.8 to install 0.9 so I can't imagine 0.8 is still around
and responding.
Any help appreciated.

The Dude

The Dude wrote:

> IS there a reason why this app is opening two web pages when ever I
> click on a link??
> I uninstalled 0.8 to install 0.9 so I can't imagine 0.8 is still around
> and responding.
> Any help appreciated.

Just testing this out it only seems to occur from NG pasted links,I
tried a few web page links and they open only one page.
???

http://www.timpricejazz.com/
(test link)

Ionizer

"The Dude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cbp5ra$vn4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> The Dude wrote:
>
> > IS there a reason why this app is opening two web pages when ever I
> > click on a link??
> > I uninstalled 0.8 to install 0.9 so I can't imagine 0.8 is still

around
> > and responding.
> > Any help appreciated.

> Just testing this out it only seems to occur from NG pasted links,I
> tried a few web page links and they open only one page.
> ???
>
> http://www.timpricejazz.com/
> (test link)

The official website of Tim Price- only one page/tab appeared when I
pasted that link into Firefox 0.9 just now. I haven't set Firefox up to
be my default browser yet, so I can't click on your link to test it that
way.

Regards,
Ian.

The Dude

Ionizer wrote:

> "The Dude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:cbp5ra$vn4$(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>>The Dude wrote:
>>

>>>IS there a reason why this app is opening two web pages when ever I
>>>click on a link??
>>>I uninstalled 0.8 to install 0.9 so I can't imagine 0.8 is still

> around
>
>>>and responding.
>>>Any help appreciated.

>>Just testing this out it only seems to occur from NG pasted links,I
>>tried a few web page links and they open only one page.
>>???
>>
>>http://www.timpricejazz.com/
>>(test link)

> The official website of Tim Price- only one page/tab appeared when I
> pasted that link into Firefox 0.9 just now. I haven't set Firefox up to
> be my default browser yet, so I can't click on your link to test it that
> way.
>
> Regards,
> Ian.

Thanks,it's stopped doing it now(???).
The Tim Price page opened fine and some others that have led me to post
this problem here are behaving normally.
(tears remaining hair out!!).
Installing the latest flash player is the only thing of note that's
occured but iirc it WAS loading two pages after that.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/virtualreplay/e...ex.shtml?28065
This page for eg.
Thanks for your help.

Ionizer

"The Dude" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:cbpack$f5l$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Thanks,it's stopped doing it now(???).
> The Tim Price page opened fine and some others that have led me to post
> this problem here are behaving normally.
> (tears remaining hair out!!).
> Installing the latest flash player is the only thing of note that's
> occured but iirc it WAS loading two pages after that.
> http://www.bbc.co.uk/virtualreplay/e...ex.shtml?28065
> This page for eg.
> Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure that I'm really being much help, but you're quite welcome.
I've got Shockwave version 8 installed (current version is apparently 10.)
The BBC link, pasted into Firefox, opens fine.

You may be on to something with the Shockwave connection, though. Half
way down this page
http://mozillanews.org/?article_date...02-09+01-56-09 someone is
inquiring about possible Shockwave incompatibility with Mozilla. A Google
search with the words: shockwave firefox incompatibility yeilded 15
results.

Regards,
Ian.