Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Where do i find the recycle bin? XP PRO with norton protected bin

Where do i find the recycle bin? XP PRO with norton protected bin

Quiz Time

Unlike win98 theres no bin except the one called norton protected, which
only gives me the option to restore, not permanently delete!

Toolman Tim

"Quiz Time" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:q5oDc.2194$(E-Mail Removed)
> > Unlike win98 theres no bin except the one called norton protected,
> > which only gives me the option to restore, not permanently delete!

The options to delete ("empty") should be there. Right-click on the icon,
read the menu: "Empty Norton Protected Files" and "Empty Recycle Bin". You
need to do both, unless you want Norton to keep the protected files (usually
Excel, Word, etc. - configurable from "Properties" when you right-click the
icon).

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

Quiz Time

> > > Unlike win98 theres no bin except the one called norton protected,
> > > which only gives me the option to restore, not permanently delete!

> The options to delete ("empty") should be there. Right-click on the icon,
> read the menu: "Empty Norton Protected Files" and "Empty Recycle Bin". You
> need to do both, unless you want Norton to keep the protected files

(usually
> Excel, Word, etc. - configurable from "Properties" when you right-click

the
> icon).

Ah i didn't try right clicking without first opening, i was just double
clicking thr bin first, doh. ok thanks !

> > > The options to delete ("empty") should be there. Right-click on
> > > the icon, read the menu: "Empty Norton Protected Files" and
> > > "Empty Recycle Bin". You need to do both, unless you want Norton
> > > to keep the protected files (usually Excel, Word, etc. -
> > > configurable from "Properties" when you right-click the icon).

> > Ah i didn't try right clicking without first opening, i was just
> > double clicking thr bin first, doh. ok thanks !

You're welcome - HAND

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

Reid Decker

It must be the Norton. I have XP PRO and I tried it. After clicking on
Recycle Bin, the top line on the left says Empty Recycle Bin. That usually
permanently deletes all of it.
"Quiz Time" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:q5oDc.2194$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Unlike win98 theres no bin except the one called norton protected, which
> only gives me the option to restore, not permanently delete!

Plato

Quiz Time wrote:

> Unlike win98 theres no bin except the one called norton protected, which
> only gives me the option to restore, not permanently delete!

Do NOT use nortons protected recycle bin. Disable that nasty feature of
nortons.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Ed Jablonowski

Plato wrote:
> Quiz Time wrote:
>>
>> Unlike win98 theres no bin except the one called norton protected,
>> which only gives me the option to restore, not permanently delete!

> Do NOT

.... plagiarise.

Problem with Norton Protected Recycle Bin (from NSW2005) Jimmy Dean Computer Support 4 04-07-2007 06:42 AM
Recycle bin always empty - b/c of Norton? mrpresutti@gmail.com Computer Support 3 12-29-2006 11:29 PM
Folder stuck in Recycle Bin Ivan MCSE 2 08-02-2003 03:08 AM
Re: nortons recycle bin? Šaz ©. Computer Support 0 06-24-2003 04:34 PM

Advertisments