Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE 6 keeps dying

IE 6 keeps dying

Boomer

"ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> NevaYouMindWhoItAint wrote:
>> ok so i am looking at mozilla for the first time, what is
>> difference between mozilla and firefox?

> Mozilla = Firefox.
> Microsoft = Internet Explorer.

Not quite right.

>> "el duderino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:OfwDc.55353$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> Thanks Blinky, food for thought
>>> "Blinky the Shark" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed) ...

ICee

Boomer wrote:
> "ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> NevaYouMindWhoItAint wrote:
>>> ok so i am looking at mozilla for the first time, what is
>>> difference between mozilla and firefox?

>> Mozilla = Firefox.
>> Microsoft = Internet Explorer.

> Not quite right.

No? I'm confused now. Oh, is it "Mozilla Firebird" = IE?

>>> "el duderino" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news:OfwDc.55353$(E-Mail Removed)...

NevaYouMindWhoItAint

Bummer. After two attempts i got my screwed up IE to download mozilla and
got it installed. Connected to internet ok - but only once. Does the same as
IE was doing. I get one (only one now) and MS IE will freeze up/can't
connect. That only happens after I 'repair' IE. Mozilla wont at all - gives
me a timed out message. Mail works, IM works (cable people say no local
problems). I got no ideas left except perhaps to reinstall windows itself.
{learning to love to hate MS}

Any ideas? Some internet setting within IE and/or Mozilla?

btw... is it Mozilla = IE and firefox = OE ?

"ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Boomer wrote:

> >> Mozilla = Firefox.
> >> Microsoft = Internet Explorer.

> > Not quite right.

> No? I'm confused now. Oh, is it "Mozilla Firebird" = IE?

el duderino

I haven't had any problems with Opera...but I don't know how it compares...
can be got from http://www.e-lunatic.com/ and go BACK about 3 pages..full
prog + crack
"NevaYouMindWhoItAint" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> lol .. i guess it is either mozilla or keep searching for an answer.
>

> "NevaYouMindWhoItAint" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> > WIN 98 SE - IE 6.0 SP1. (was all up to date couple weeks ago -

prior
> > this happening).
> > IE keeps dying on me. I can go for 3 or 4 page/site changes while I was
> > surfing news. Then it gets nothing, just extremely slow until gets error
> >

> <snip>

Blinky the Shark

ICee wrote:
> Boomer wrote:

>>> Mozilla = Firefox.
>>> Microsoft = Internet Explorer.

>> Not quite right.

> No? I'm confused now. Oh, is it "Mozilla Firebird" = IE?

In the first place, Firebird was renamed Firefox a long time ago.

--

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> ICee wrote:
>> Boomer wrote:

>>> Not quite right.

>> No? I'm confused now. Oh, is it "Mozilla Firebird" = IE?

> In the first place, Firebird was renamed Firefox a long time ago.

I don't know where Firebird came from; I thought I typed Firefox. Oh
well, time for another one.

NevaYouMindWhoItAint

for years i read this ng. it was almost always supportive and helpful. then
for past 2 or so years i did not read the ng much at all. after this post,
and from reading recent posts/replies, it seems the old 24hshd aint what it
used to be. wonder where they all went.

> Bummer. After two attempts i got my screwed up IE to download mozilla and
> got it installed. Connected to internet ok - but only once. Does the same

as
> IE was doing. I get one (only one now) and MS IE will freeze up/can't
> connect. That only happens after I 'repair' IE. Mozilla wont at all -

gives
> me a timed out message. Mail works, IM works (cable people say no local
> problems). I got no ideas left except perhaps to reinstall windows itself.
> {learning to love to hate MS}
>
> Any ideas? Some internet setting within IE and/or Mozilla?
>
> btw... is it Mozilla = IE and firefox = OE ?
>

> "ICee" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Boomer wrote:

> > > Not quite right.

> > No? I'm confused now. Oh, is it "Mozilla Firebird" = IE?

sockets giving me gray hairs. server keeps dying lekonna Perl Misc 2 04-02-2008 08:58 AM
Eclipse, sick, dying, dead, or am I missing something?? James Kimble Java 36 01-26-2005 01:38 PM
Dying Network setup wizard =?Utf-8?B?amFjcQ==?= Wireless Networking 3 01-26-2005 02:05 AM
PC KEEPS DYING Jim Gastropants MCSE 14 10-08-2004 01:45 PM
session keeps dying? Steve Letford ASP .Net 8 08-06-2003 05:01 AM

Advertisments