Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Getting rid of message "its now safe to turn off your computer"

Getting rid of message "its now safe to turn off your computer"

Buffy

I know there's a way of doing this and to get the PC to shut down
automatically but for the life of me can't remember how.

Any ideas?

Thanks

ICee

Buffy wrote:
> I know there's a way of doing this and to get the PC to shut down
> automatically but for the life of me can't remember how.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

http://aumha.org/win4/a/shutdown.htm

Ray

Buffy <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:cbhcvm
$9v3$(E-Mail Removed)2surf.net:

> I know there's a way of doing this and to get the PC to shut

down
> automatically but for the life of me can't remember how.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks

It depends on your power supply. Older computers are usually "AT"
and AFAIK can't be shut down by Windows because they are turned
off by physical flipping a switch on the computer to cut power.

Newer computers are ATX and are shut "off" by a signal either from
the OS (Windows, Linux, etc.) are the momentary contact switch
(power switch) on the computer.

(ATX computers really don't totally shutdown. A small current
continues to be used by the motherboard to detect the pressing of
the power switch or a special key on the keyboard.)