Velocity Reviews - Computer Hardware Reviews

Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Review of this Newsgroup

Reply
Thread Tools

Review of this Newsgroup

 
 
Julie P.
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2004
I found the following review of this newsgroup by accident:

----- Original Message -----
From: "Red Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Newsgroups: news.groups.reviews,24hoursupport.helpdesk
Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 7:05 AM
Subject: [REVIEW] 24hoursupport.helpdesk


> Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk
> Description: No control found
> Moderated: No
> Charter-Location: No control found
> FAQ-Location: See article body
> Reviewer: Red Mike ((E-Mail Removed))
> Review-Date: August 6, 2003
>
> This is probably the most non-specific help group anywhere on Usenet.
> Just about anything related to computers is considered appropriate.
>
> Some may wonder why the traditional advice to post a question to the
> single "best" group for it hasn't killed 24hoursupport.helpdesk. As
> examples, the group has questions about news some may consider best
> posted to news.newusers.questions, and questions about Microsoft
> products for which there are hundreds (thousands?) of groups in
> comp.*, local/regional hierarchies, and on the Microsoft server. But
> despite these supposed disadvantages, the group is successful,
> averaging in excess of 4,000 posts a month, most on topic if on topic
> is defined as "related to computers and/or electronic devices".
>
> There are several reasons for this success. One is the group name.
> By starting with "24" it gets sorted as the first group most people
> see on their newsreader. Its obviously a help group, and so general
> that people are encouraged to post.
>
> More important is the core of regular posters, people who for no
> reason other than self-satisfaction, answer questions. Those who ask
> questions, in typical Usenet fashion, are usually "here and gone".
> But its the regular posters, generally knowledgable types, who make
> this group work. Hopefully, a few of those who ask questions will, as
> they become more knowledgable, return the favor by helping others.
>
> Lack of an official FAQ is sometimes debated by regulars, but with
> such a wide range of appropriate topics, the practicality of a FAQ
> must be questioned. Several FAQs exist, some claiming to be official,
> some proudly claiming there is no such thing as an official FAQ for
> the group.
>
> In the end, its irrelevant. Advantageous placement in most people's
> newsgroup list gets traffic for the group. A large number of
> knowledgable posters who answer questions keep the questions coming.
>
>
> --
>
> Find great groups you've never heard of by reading
> news.groups.reviews, or promote a group you like by
> writing a review.
>
> http://www.gweep.ca/~drabble/
>



 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
Julie P., the hard-boiled, mousing gerbil
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2004
Julie P. wrote:
> I found the following review of this newsgroup by accident:


> Newsgroup: 24hoursupport.helpdesk


> This is probably the most non-specific help group anywhere on Usenet.


> In the end, its irrelevant.


Inaccurate parts snipped.




 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
 
°Mike°
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2004
http://groups.google.com/groups?th=b9f42ab15071982


On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 07:57:02 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Julie P. scrawled:

>I found the following review of this newsgroup by accident:
>
>----- Original Message -----
>From: "Red Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)>
>Newsgroups: news.groups.reviews,24hoursupport.helpdesk
>Sent: Thursday, August 07, 2003 7:05 AM
>Subject: [REVIEW] 24hoursupport.helpdesk


<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance
http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2004

"Julie P." <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

>the group is successful,
> averaging in excess of 4,000 posts a month.


yes and 3299 of them are from the KM and his aliases.


 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian, the outdone, sledding gossipmonger
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2004
Brian wrote:
> "Julie P." <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>
>> the group is successful,
>> averaging in excess of 4,000 posts a month.

>
> yes and 3299 of them are from the KM and his aliases.


Compliment taken. You should be far more thankful than you actually are. You
may now grovel at my feet and thank me for bringing such great joy into your
pathetic, otheriwse wasted, life.




 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2004

"Brian, the outdone, sledding gossipmonger"
<(E-Mail Removed). females> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed) .pictures.black.erotica.females...
> Brian wrote:
> > "Julie P." <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >
> >> the group is successful,
> >> averaging in excess of 4,000 posts a month.

> >
> > yes and 3299 of them are from the KM and his aliases.

>
> Compliment taken. You should be far more thankful than you actually are.

You
> may now grovel at my feet and thank me for bringing such great joy into

your
> pathetic, otheriwse wasted, life.
>
>
>

who said i'm not thankfull? Laughing my head off every day since i've been
here!!!!!


 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian, the farcical, tingling genetic defect
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2004
Brian wrote:
> "Brian, the outdone, sledding gossipmonger"
> <(E-Mail Removed). females> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag
>

news:(E-Mail Removed) .pictures.black.erotica.females...
>> Brian wrote:
>>> "Julie P." <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>
>>>> the group is successful,
>>>> averaging in excess of 4,000 posts a month.
>>>
>>> yes and 3299 of them are from the KM and his aliases.

>>
>> Compliment taken. You should be far more thankful than you actually
>> are. You may now grovel at my feet and thank me for bringing such
>> great joy into your pathetic, otheriwse wasted, life.
>>
>>
>>

> who said i'm not thankfull? Laughing my head off every day since i've
> been here!!!!!


That's the spirit, mate. Now all I have to do is convince the retards in
alt.www.webmaster of the same lie.
















 
Reply With Quote
 
Brian
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2004

"Brian, the farcical, tingling genetic defect"
<(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:(E-Mail Removed) .pictures.bras...
> Brian wrote:
> > "Brian, the outdone, sledding gossipmonger"
> > <(E-Mail Removed). females> schrieb im
> > Newsbeitrag
> >

>

news:(E-Mail Removed) .pictures.black.erotica.females...
> >> Brian wrote:
> >>> "Julie P." <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> >>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> >>>
> >>>> the group is successful,
> >>>> averaging in excess of 4,000 posts a month.
> >>>
> >>> yes and 3299 of them are from the KM and his aliases.
> >>
> >> Compliment taken. You should be far more thankful than you actually
> >> are. You may now grovel at my feet and thank me for bringing such
> >> great joy into your pathetic, otheriwse wasted, life.
> >>
> >>
> >>

> > who said i'm not thankfull? Laughing my head off every day since i've
> > been here!!!!!

>
> That's the spirit, mate. Now all I have to do is convince the retards in
> alt.www.webmaster of the same lie.
>


you just go ahead and do that....good luck..


 
Reply With Quote
 
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2004
Brian, the farcical, tingling genetic defect wrote:
> Brian wrote:
>
>>"Brian, the outdone, sledding gossipmonger"
>><(E-Mail Removed) a.females> schrieb im
>>Newsbeitrag
>>

>
> news:(E-Mail Removed) .pictures.black.erotica.females...
>
>>>Brian wrote:
>>>
>>>>"Julie P." <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>>>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>the group is successful,
>>>>>averaging in excess of 4,000 posts a month.
>>>>
>>>>yes and 3299 of them are from the KM and his aliases.
>>>
>>>Compliment taken. You should be far more thankful than you actually
>>>are. You may now grovel at my feet and thank me for bringing such
>>>great joy into your pathetic, otheriwse wasted, life.
>>>
>>>
>>>

>>
>>who said i'm not thankfull? Laughing my head off every day since i've
>>been here!!!!!

>
>
> That's the spirit, mate. Now all I have to do is convince the retards in
> alt.www.webmaster of the same lie.
>
>


LOL
 
Reply With Quote
 
Malonomonas
Guest
Posts: n/a
 
      06-25-2004
Brian H¹© wrote:
> Brian, the farcical, tingling genetic defect wrote:
>> Brian wrote:
>>
>>> "Brian, the outdone, sledding gossipmonger"
>>> <(E-Mail Removed). females> schrieb
>>> im Newsbeitrag
>>>

>>
>>

news:(E-Mail Removed) .pictures.black.erotica.females...
>>
>>>> Brian wrote:
>>>>
>>>>> "Julie P." <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
>>>>> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>> the group is successful,
>>>>>> averaging in excess of 4,000 posts a month.
>>>>>
>>>>> yes and 3299 of them are from the KM and his aliases.
>>>>
>>>> Compliment taken. You should be far more thankful than you actually
>>>> are. You may now grovel at my feet and thank me for bringing such
>>>> great joy into your pathetic, otheriwse wasted, life.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>> who said i'm not thankfull? Laughing my head off every day since
>>> i've been here!!!!!

>>
>>
>> That's the spirit, mate. Now all I have to do is convince the
>> retards in alt.www.webmaster of the same lie.
>>
>>

>
> LOL


Sheesh. Stop it, will you? You'll destroy my reputation.


































 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Newbies Please Read: This is NOT a Windows Vista Newsgroup, it is however a Windows XP X64 Edition Newsgroup. Windows 64bit 16 06-27-2006 03:17 PM
Review: Razer eXactMat Review Silverstrand Reviews & How-To's 0 06-20-2005 03:04 AM
Review: NZXT Guardian Case Review Silverstrand Reviews & How-To's 0 06-20-2005 02:56 AM
Review: Silverstone Gloria SST-TJ04 Case Review Silverstrand Reviews & How-To's 0 06-20-2005 02:53 AM
Review: Battalion-101~ S Notebook Review Silverstrand Reviews & How-To's 0 06-20-2005 02:52 AM



Advertisments