Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do you rebuild a country?

How do you rebuild a country?

TechNews

Here's a great article that showcases the efforts of young people in
rebuilding their war-torn country. It's a good read.

Iraqis get a taste for Linux

By Clark Boyd, Technology correspondent

" A group of Iraqi computer enthusiasts are advocating the use of the
operating system Linux to rebuild their country."

Speed:Reliability:Security

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

TechNews wrote:

> Here's a great article that showcases the efforts of young people in
> rebuilding their war-torn country. It's a good read.

> Iraqis get a taste for Linux
>
> By Clark Boyd, Technology correspondent
>
> " A group of Iraqi computer enthusiasts are advocating the use of the
> operating system Linux to rebuild their country."

Would anyone really expect them to spend their money on Windows?

Harvey Van Sickle

On 24 Jun 2004, Brian H wrote

> TechNews wrote:
>
>> Here's a great article that showcases the efforts of young people
>> in rebuilding their war-torn country. It's a good read.

>> Iraqis get a taste for Linux
>>
>> By Clark Boyd, Technology correspondent
>>
>> " A group of Iraqi computer enthusiasts are advocating the use of
>> the operating system Linux to rebuild their country."

> Would anyone really expect them to spend their money on Windows?

I'm sure there are a few people in Redmondland who would expect them to
do that...

--
Cheers,
Harvey

For e-mail, change harvey to whhvs.

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=

Harvey Van Sickle wrote:

> On 24 Jun 2004, Brian H wrote
>

>>TechNews wrote:
>>

>>>Here's a great article that showcases the efforts of young people
>>>in rebuilding their war-torn country. It's a good read.
>>>
>>>--------------------------------------------------------
>>>
>>>Iraqis get a taste for Linux
>>>
>>>By Clark Boyd, Technology correspondent
>>>
>>>" A group of Iraqi computer enthusiasts are advocating the use of
>>>the operating system Linux to rebuild their country."

>>Would anyone really expect them to spend their money on Windows?

> I'm sure there are a few people in Redmondland who would expect them to
> do that...

LOL

Weekend DC rebuild James MCSE 29 09-19-2005 04:18 PM
Use .NET DLL from VB6 app -> broken references on rebuild? Gary McGill ASP .Net 9 12-06-2004 03:10 PM
How often do you rebuild your Hard Drive? Bill Computer Information 32 08-12-2004 06:08 PM
how to force Mozilla 1.7 to rebuild all email index/summary files? Marvin Glenn, ASNN Firefox 1 06-23-2004 11:08 PM
aspx page changes not picked up by debugger unless do "Rebuild Solution" Bennett Haselton ASP .Net 5 08-19-2003 06:06 PM

Advertisments