Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Ghost and W2k System Restore

Ghost and W2k System Restore

OxyMoron

I am just starting to learn about system backups (with W2k and Ghost) and a
little nervous about experimenting.

Does this back up arrangement make sense?:
1) Back up my *entire* partition with Ghost .
2) With the W2k BackUp Wizard, back up only the *system files* (not the
entire partition).

My thinking was that if there is a crash I can first use the W2k BackUp
Wizard to restore only the system files (and not overwrite any other
non-system files, so the most recent data is preserved).
Then, if that doesn't work, use Ghost and restore the entire partition (but
overwriting non-system files with older Ghost files).

Any help or suggestions appreciated. Thanks