Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > NT4 Printer set up problems

NT4 Printer set up problems

Sch. News Reader Acc.

Hi

I've been installing a Tally network printer on our NT4 server and
encountered a minor problem.

I've installed the drivers, but when I came to adding a printer port the
dialogue box that allows me to configure the port settings has hung. All
I've
got is an empty dialogue box which can't be minimised or closed.

I opened task manager to end the process but couldn't find a reference to
that 'Add Port' process.

Any suggestions as to how I should get rid of the unresponsive dialogues?

Thanks

Jerry G.

Look in the services, and the task manager. You should be able to force it
to end. Then you can uninstall it and find out why it did not work.

--

Jerry G.
=====

"Sch. News Reader Acc." <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
Hi

I've been installing a Tally network printer on our NT4 server and
encountered a minor problem.

I've installed the drivers, but when I came to adding a printer port the
dialogue box that allows me to configure the port settings has hung. All
I've
got is an empty dialogue box which can't be minimised or closed.

I opened task manager to end the process but couldn't find a reference to
that 'Add Port' process.

Any suggestions as to how I should get rid of the unresponsive dialogues?

Thanks

Sch. News Reader Acc.

Thanks Jerry,

I'll look into it in the morning and let you know how I get on

Thanks!

news:cbcms9$qp8$(E-Mail Removed)...