Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Returning Word 2002 to default settings

Returning Word 2002 to default settings

Martin*

Hello,

After installing Word 2002, I made a number of changes to it by enabling
some options and unselecting others that were there by default. I even made
a change to the .dat template. I then tried to return Word to its default
settings, but I wasn't able to recall all changes made, so I uninstalled the
entire application. Unfortunately, after re-installing Word, the same
settings were in place, which surprised me because I thought that an
uninstall would "wipe" the app from my pc.

Would you please tell me how to return Word to its original default
settings, even if it requires an uninstall?

TIA as usual!

Martin

°Mike°

You're welcome, as usual.

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 17:00:04 -0400, in
<o51Cc.50$(E-Mail Removed)>
Martin* scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

SgtMinor

Martin* wrote:

> Hello,
>
> After installing Word 2002, I made a number of changes to it by enabling
> some options and unselecting others that were there by default. I even made
> a change to the .dat template. I then tried to return Word to its default
> settings, but I wasn't able to recall all changes made, so I uninstalled the
> entire application. Unfortunately, after re-installing Word, the same
> settings were in place, which surprised me because I thought that an
> uninstall would "wipe" the app from my pc.
>
> Would you please tell me how to return Word to its original default
> settings, even if it requires an uninstall?
>
> TIA as usual!
>
> Martin

Try renaming the normal.dot template. "HOW TO: Rename the Normal.dot
Global Template for Word 2002:"

And why the TIA - too busy to respond?

Martin

Hello,

If you were to check my previous posts, you would find that I always thank
those who replied *after* their doing so.

My inclusion of "TIA" is my way of showing good manners to those who *will*
reply. It's not to be construed as laziness on my part. Hope that clarifies
matters.

Thank you for your reply.

Martin

"SgtMinor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..

| (snip)

| Try renaming the normal.dot template. "HOW TO: Rename the Normal.dot
| Global Template for Word 2002:"
| http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;319154
|
| And why the TIA - too busy to respond?

°Mike°

TIA is not good manners; one does not thank
somebody BEFORE a deed.

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:04:57 -0400, in
<NO3Cc.54$(E-Mail Removed)>
Martin scrawled:

>Hello,
>
>If you were to check my previous posts, you would find that I always thank
>those who replied *after* their doing so.
>
>My inclusion of "TIA" is my way of showing good manners to those who *will*
>reply. It's not to be construed as laziness on my part. Hope that clarifies
>matters.
>
>Thank you for your reply.
>
>Martin
>
>"SgtMinor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>
>| (snip)
>
>| Try renaming the normal.dot template. "HOW TO: Rename the Normal.dot
>| Global Template for Word 2002:"
>| http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;EN-US;319154
>|
>| And why the TIA - too busy to respond?

--
Basic computer maintenance

Scrote

°Mike° wrote:
>> TIA is not good manners; one does not thank
>> somebody BEFORE a deed.

Wrong.
e.g.
"Could you call in the newsagent while you're in town and pick up some
envelopes?"
"Certainly"
"Great, thanks!"
Followed by a "Thankyou" on receipt of items.
....or is there a registry hack that bypasses this?

--
It's hard to soar like an Eagle when you work with Turkeys

°Mike°

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 10:26:39 +0100, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Scrote scrawled:

>°Mike° wrote:
>>> TIA is not good manners; one does not thank
>>> somebody BEFORE a deed.

>Wrong.
>e.g.
>"Could you call in the newsagent while you're in town
>and pick up some envelopes?"
>"Certainly"
>"Great, thanks!"
>Followed by a "Thankyou" on receipt of items.
>...or is there a registry hack that bypasses this?

BZZZZZT! Wrong. In your example, one has asked a
question that was immediately, and positively, answered,
hence the "Great, thanks!" (in response to "Certainly").

In a usenet post, this simply doesn't apply.
TIA (Thanks In Anticipation) is NOT good manners,
and is very often a sign that the OP has no intention
of further response from him/herself.

--
Basic computer maintenance