Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Scanner problem

Scanner problem

Mitch Lammle

I have an HP ScanJet 5300C that I bought new several years ago and am still
using today. Recently, I've found that when I run a scan from Windows, the
ScanJet doesn't do anything ... it just sits there. But if I remove and
reinsert its power cord, it starts the scan job then.

I'm just wondering ... what has happened with the scanner that causes me to
have to reinsert the power cord each time I want it to scan? And is there
anything I can do to try to fix this?

°Mike°

Check/replace plug/fuse/cable.

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004 12:30:32 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Mitch Lammle scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Laths

Buy a new one.........................
"Mitch Lammle" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> I have an HP ScanJet 5300C that I bought new several years ago and am

still
> using today. Recently, I've found that when I run a scan from Windows,

the
> ScanJet doesn't do anything ... it just sits there. But if I remove and
> reinsert its power cord, it starts the scan job then.
>
> I'm just wondering ... what has happened with the scanner that causes me

> have to reinsert the power cord each time I want it to scan? And is there
> anything I can do to try to fix this?

---

Jono

Mitch Lammle wrote:
|| I have an HP ScanJet 5300C that I bought new several years ago and
|| am still using today. Recently, I've found that when I run a scan
|| from Windows, the ScanJet doesn't do anything ... it just sits
|| there. But if I remove and reinsert its power cord, it starts the
|| scan job then.
|| I'm just wondering ... what has happened with the scanner that
|| causes me to have to reinsert the power cord each time I want it to
|| scan? And is there anything I can do to try to fix this?

What OS?

I had a similar issue with XP and an HP scanner - I eventually discovered
that XP supported the scanner without installing the HP supplied software -
works flawlessly now & I can access the scanner from within My Computer.