Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Zone Alarm Update

Zone Alarm Update

Norm

I'm running Zone Alarm 5.4.594 under Win 98SE .

I keep getting auto notification of an update but seem to recall someone
saying the update hosed their machine.

Anyone have problem with the latest version of ZA?

Norm

Boomer

"Norm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I'm running Zone Alarm 5.4.594 under Win 98SE .
>
> I keep getting auto notification of an update but seem to recall
> someone saying the update hosed their machine.
>
> Anyone have problem with the latest version of ZA?
>
> Norm

Hi Norm

You might want to read the Zone Labs forum.
http://forums.zonelabs.com/zonelabs

HTH

philo

"Norm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nEFBc.3679$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm running Zone Alarm 5.4.594 under Win 98SE .
>
> I keep getting auto notification of an update but seem to recall someone
> saying the update hosed their machine.
>
> Anyone have problem with the latest version of ZA?
>
> Norm

FWIW : I was using ZA version 4.5 along with AVG antivirus
and had no problems at all (on my XP machine)
upgrading to ZA 5 did infact hose my system...
i eventually repaired my OS, removed ZA 5 and went back to ZA 4.5

BIG NIGE

I am running Zone Alarm 5 suite (AV Disabled) alongside my NIS on Win 98
with no probs
No problems upgrading either. (I just shut down 4.5 and installed 5 in the
same location automatically taking old settings)

"Norm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:nEFBc.3679$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I'm running Zone Alarm 5.4.594 under Win 98SE .
>
> I keep getting auto notification of an update but seem to recall someone
> saying the update hosed their machine.
>
> Anyone have problem with the latest version of ZA?
>
> Norm

Norwegian Formula

Boomer, after spending 3 minutes figuring out which end of the pen to use,
wrote:

> "Norm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I'm running Zone Alarm 5.4.594 under Win 98SE .
>>
>> I keep getting auto notification of an update but seem to recall
>> someone saying the update hosed their machine.
>>
>> Anyone have problem with the latest version of ZA?
>>
>> Norm

<snip>

> HTH

It didn't, because you didn't answer his friggin' question. If you were
feeling really lazy at the moment, a simple 'yes' or 'no' would have worked
just fine.
--
Linux 2.4.20-4GB-athlon
6:12pm up 10 days 21:35, 3 users, load average: 0.08, 0.05, 0.00

DJ

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Norm" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:nEFBc.3679$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I'm running Zone Alarm 5.4.594 under Win 98SE .
>>
>> I keep getting auto notification of an update but seem to recall someone
>> saying the update hosed their machine.
>>
>> Anyone have problem with the latest version of ZA?
>>
>> Norm
>>

> FWIW : I was using ZA version 4.5 along with AVG antivirus
> and had no problems at all (on my XP machine)
> upgrading to ZA 5 did infact hose my system...
> i eventually repaired my OS, removed ZA 5 and went back to ZA 4.5

Same problem occurred here ! Had me baffled ! Resolved now tho =)

Zone Alarm Update Bosco Computer Support 7 06-22-2004 12:26 AM
Trouble downloading Zone Alarm update Andrew Computer Support 13 05-27-2004 10:26 PM
ZONE ALARM update Kal Computer Support 1 02-19-2004 11:41 AM
Audible alarm in Zone Alarm? Patch Computer Support 4 08-18-2003 07:43 PM

Advertisments