Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > run: how to remember

run: how to remember

Martin Loomis

Enter things on the run line, msconfig,dxdiag,regedit,..etc.But next time
have to type it in again.
Question is: I have seen on other computers that the drop down box has all
that you've entered before. How do you tweek the registry or whatever so
that when you go to 'run' all that you've entered before is in the drop down
and you don't have to type it again? Sort of like adding favorites to the
browser? TIA

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Martin Loomis wrote:

> Enter things on the run line, msconfig,dxdiag,regedit,..etc.But next time
> have to type it in again.
> Question is: I have seen on other computers that the drop down box has all
> that you've entered before. How do you tweek the registry or whatever so
> that when you go to 'run' all that you've entered before is in the drop down
> and you don't have to type it again? Sort of like adding favorites to the
> browser? TIA

If you go to Control Panel, Internet Options, Content and click on the
Autocomplete button and turn it on there, does that do the trick?

Microsoft Knowledge Base 165695