Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Freakin Firewire!

Freakin Firewire!

tigercat

i posted a while back about needing help running and editing my dad's video
from his camcorder onto my PC. i have an IBM clone, WinXP, with a lot of
disk space and RAM.

so, i tried just connecting the USB cable from the CAM to my PC, but this
only allows me to work with digital still pics.

so, i followed someone's advice, and bought a firewire card and cable, and
after installing the card, i boot my PC and nothing happens! the PC won't
boot. so, i tried resetting the card, and my PC still wouldn't boot, and
then I put it in a diferent PCI slot, but same thing - my PC doesn't boot.

so, i took the card out, and presto, my PC boots!

does anyone have any ideas? i'm using a Belkin Firewire 3 Port PCI card.

thanks!

PC

"tigercat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> i posted a while back about needing help running and editing my dad's

video
> from his camcorder onto my PC. i have an IBM clone, WinXP, with a lot of
> disk space and RAM.
>
> so, i tried just connecting the USB cable from the CAM to my PC, but this
> only allows me to work with digital still pics.
>
> so, i followed someone's advice, and bought a firewire card and cable, and
> after installing the card, i boot my PC and nothing happens! the PC won't
> boot. so, i tried resetting the card, and my PC still wouldn't boot, and
> then I put it in a diferent PCI slot, but same thing - my PC doesn't boot.
>
> so, i took the card out, and presto, my PC boots!
>
> does anyone have any ideas? i'm using a Belkin Firewire 3 Port PCI card.
>
> thanks!

Get the feeling the 'new' card may be a dud.
Are you able to try it in another PC?

Cheers
Paul