Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Download message, what's it on about ???

Download message, what's it on about ???

fredcromer

When I try and download stuff from online, I keep getting this message,:"You
must click yes in the Security Window",..this has only been happening for 2
days, and it's never asked me before..has anyone got any idea why it's
bringing up this message ?? BTW, I'm only downloading a screensaver and say
some 'emoticons', which i've never had any probs with in past.
Could this be owt to do with the fact that to get some memory back, in
Settings,..'Add/Remove programs', I deleted the Networking option, as I
don't use more than this PC, and I still can browse internet without
anything changing, apart from this new message, but i'm sure this will not
be the reason, so can someone tell me what the YES button in the SECURITY
WINDOW message is all about please...???.....
All the Best....FRED C

Boomer

"fredcromer" <fred@carpcaughtandnospamplease> wrote:

> When I try and download stuff from online, I keep getting this
> message,:"You must click yes in the Security Window",..this has
> only been happening for 2 days, and it's never asked me
> before..has anyone got any idea why it's bringing up this
> message ?? BTW, I'm only downloading a screensaver and say some
> 'emoticons', which i've never had any probs with in past. Could
> this be owt to do with the fact that to get some memory back, in
> Settings,..'Add/Remove programs', I deleted the Networking
> option, as I don't use more than this PC, and I still can browse
> internet without anything changing, apart from this new message,
> but i'm sure this will not be the reason, so can someone tell me
> what the YES button in the SECURITY WINDOW message is all about
> please...???..... All the Best....FRED C

Why did you start a new message? Please reply in the original
thread.

fredcromer

Well then BOZO, bin me you fag moron MF!!!!

ICee

fredcromer wrote:
> When I try and download stuff from online, I keep getting this
> message,:"You must click yes in the Security Window",..this has only
> been happening for 2 days, and it's never asked me before..has anyone
> got any idea why it's bringing up this message ?? BTW, I'm only
> downloading a screensaver and say some 'emoticons', which i've never
> had any probs with in past.
> Could this be owt to do with the fact that to get some memory back, in
> Settings,..'Add/Remove programs', I deleted the Networking option, as
> I don't use more than this PC, and I still can browse internet without
> anything changing, apart from this new message, but i'm sure this
> will not be the reason, so can someone tell me what the YES button in
> the SECURITY WINDOW message is all about please...???.....
> All the Best....FRED C

Continually posting about the same problem is a great way to enter
someone's bozo bin. Did you read the response to your original post?
If not, do so; if yes, respond in that thread.

ICee

fredcromer wrote:
> Well then BOZO, bin me you fag moron MF!!!!

See my reply in your other thread.

Toolman Tim

"fredcromer" <fred@carpcaughtandnospamplease> wrote in message
news:40d5d5f4$(E-Mail Removed)
> > Well then BOZO, bin me you fag moron MF!!!!

Fred, Fred, Fred...that was totally uncalled for.

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

Ionizer

"fredcromer" <fred@carpcaughtandnospamplease> wrote in message
news:40d5d5f4$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well then BOZO, bin me you fag moron MF!!!!

Dear Fred:

You are a self-confessed newcomer to the wonderful world of computing and,
by extension, to Usenet. You should really try to pay attention to
feedback from others regarding proper netiquette, and you should certainly
never be rude. If you ignore comments from others about such things as
repeatedly starting new threads on the same topic, etc., and then follow
up with a rude response, the sky will not fall by any means. But you will
find that your future questions mysteriously begin to generate very few
never even saw your question in the first place, having plonked you long
ago.

Do you know what "plonk" means? Really?

I say and ask this in order to be helpful to you.

Regards,
Ian.

Alexander Rogge

> When I try and download stuff from online, I keep getting this message,:"You
> must click yes in the Security Window",..this has only been happening for 2
> days, and it's never asked me before..has anyone got any idea why it's
> bringing up this message ??
> BTW, I'm only downloading a screensaver and say
> some 'emoticons', which i've never had any probs with in past.
> Could this be owt to do with the fact that to get some memory back, in
> Settings,..'Add/Remove programs', I deleted the Networking option, as I
> don't use more than this PC, and I still can browse internet without
> anything changing, apart from this new message, but i'm sure this will not
> be the reason, so can someone tell me what the YES button in the SECURITY
> WINDOW message is all about please...???.....

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...qid=1087761801
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...qid=1087761994
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/...qid=1087761994

°Mike°

I think I'll add you, as well. Jeez, what a moron.

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 18:54:38 +0100, in
<40d5d5f4$(E-Mail Removed)>
fredcromer scrawled:

--