Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > outlook expresse error

outlook expresse error

Gary

Hi

I have just installed windows 2000 and had back up email per Mike using the
fallowing software per the link below

I restored the emails but when now opening outlook express I receive the
fallowing error message

Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open the
outlook message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is
full. contact Microsoft support for further assistance. (0x8007000E, 5)

Selected ok to continue

send message is

Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be
initialized. outlook express may not be installed correctly.

pressed OK to continue

I have just done all the updates and latest patches. this is my 1st time
opening outlook on the machine

the hard drive is not full 18.6G with 16.9 free
the memory is 326,128 KB ram

any suggestions????

I am totaly lost.

Neil B

"Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newspjBc.100209$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> Hi
>
> I have just installed windows 2000 and had back up email per Mike using

the
> fallowing software per the link below

> I restored the emails but when now opening outlook express I receive the
> fallowing error message
>
> Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open

the
> outlook message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk is
> full. contact Microsoft support for further assistance. (0x8007000E, 5)
>
> Selected ok to continue
>
> send message is
>
> Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be
> initialized. outlook express may not be installed correctly.
>
> pressed OK to continue
>
> I have just done all the updates and latest patches. this is my 1st time
> opening outlook on the machine
>
> the hard drive is not full 18.6G with 16.9 free
> the memory is 326,128 KB ram
>
> any suggestions????
>
> I am totaly lost.

Your prob is a corrupt store folder/file within. Delete it from the
identites folder and run OE. It will now load. try a import again. may nail
the fault. if not, the backup you made is stuffed.

the quick and reliable way of backing up is just to locate the identity/OE
mail folder, and copy it off. That can be re-used to import to a new/other
pc install.

Kind Regards
Neil B - Redditch - www.nells.org.uk
Live Life in the Fast Lane - www.blueyonder.co.uk

Gary

neil

thanks but 2 things

1 i could not open the OE

2 i could nto use a back up method because the pc was on win ME and had some
probelms and was also locking up and would not allow me to do so

"Neil B" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ifkBc.1098$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Gary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> newspjBc.100209$(E-Mail Removed).. .
> > Hi
> >
> > I have just installed windows 2000 and had back up email per Mike using

> the
> > fallowing software per the link below
> >
> > http://www.oehelp.com/OEBackup/Default.aspx
> >
> > I restored the emails but when now opening outlook express I receive the
> > fallowing error message
> >
> > Outlook Express could not be started. The application was unable to open

> the
> > outlook message store. Your computer may be out of memory or your disk

is
> > full. contact Microsoft support for further assistance. (0x8007000E, 5)
> >
> > Selected ok to continue
> >
> > send message is
> >
> > Outlook Express could not be started because MSOE.DLL could not be
> > initialized. outlook express may not be installed correctly.
> >
> > pressed OK to continue
> >
> > I have just done all the updates and latest patches. this is my 1st time
> > opening outlook on the machine
> >
> > the hard drive is not full 18.6G with 16.9 free
> > the memory is 326,128 KB ram
> >
> > any suggestions????
> >
> > I am totaly lost.
> >

> Your prob is a corrupt store folder/file within. Delete it from the
> identites folder and run OE. It will now load. try a import again. may

nail
> the fault. if not, the backup you made is stuffed.
>

> the quick and reliable way of backing up is just to locate the identity/OE
> mail folder, and copy it off. That can be re-used to import to a new/other
> pc install.

> Kind Regards
> Neil B - Redditch - www.nells.org.uk
> Live Life in the Fast Lane - www.blueyonder.co.uk

°Mike°

And you don't think this could be related to your
current problem?

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:54:29 GMT, in
<VXlBc.101538$(E-Mail Removed)>
Gary scrawled:

<snip>

>i could nto use a back up method because the pc was on
>win ME and had some probelms and was also locking up and
>would not allow me to do so

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Gary

No because before I formatted and reinstalled I tested it out and have in
set up on another profile on XP without any problems

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> And you don't think this could be related to your
> current problem?
>

> On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:54:29 GMT, in
> <VXlBc.101538$(E-Mail Removed)>
> Gary scrawled:
>
> <snip>
>
> >i could nto use a back up method because the pc was on
> >win ME and had some probelms and was also locking up and
> >would not allow me to do so

> <snip>
>
> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

And so? You hard drive could have bad sectors;
there could be any amout of hardware issues that
were causing your lockups, and they could still be
there.

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 23:04:51 GMT, in
<nKoBc.367062$(E-Mail Removed)>
Gary scrawled: