Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Bypassing XP 'Gate' - Is it possible to install Word 2000 on XP?

Bypassing XP 'Gate' - Is it possible to install Word 2000 on XP?

Luke O'Malley

I tried but recieved a msg saying it was not a 32 bit etc. It is
strange because when I installed XP, Word 2000 was on the computer
and worked flawlessly. I upgraded . . . . aaaargh! . . Word XP and
lost some links to other non-MS programs.

Any suggestions beyond reinstalling 98 and Word 2000 & then
upgrading to XP again?

Goodwill,
Luke

Shayla

YES

"Luke O'Malley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1c7Bc.29226$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> I tried but recieved a msg saying it was not a 32 bit etc. It is
> strange because when I installed XP, Word 2000 was on the computer
> and worked flawlessly. I upgraded . . . . aaaargh! . . Word XP and
> lost some links to other non-MS programs.
>
> Any suggestions beyond reinstalling 98 and Word 2000 & then
> upgrading to XP again?
>
> Goodwill,
> Luke

veronica44@ev1.net

Luke O'Malley wrote in message
<1c7Bc.29226$(E-Mail Removed)>. ..
>I tried but recieved a msg saying it was not a 32 bit etc. It is
>strange because when I installed XP, Word 2000 was on the computer
>and worked flawlessly. I upgraded . . . . aaaargh! . . Word XP and
>lost some links to other non-MS programs.
>
>Any suggestions beyond reinstalling 98 and Word 2000 & then
>upgrading to XP again?
>
>Goodwill,
>Luke

Boomer

Luke O'Malley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I tried but recieved a msg saying it was not a 32 bit etc.

Etc.?

What is the exact error message?

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> It
> is strange because when I installed XP, Word 2000 was on the
> computer and worked flawlessly. I upgraded . . . . aaaargh! .
> . Word XP and lost some links to other non-MS programs.
>
> Any suggestions beyond reinstalling 98 and Word 2000 & then
> upgrading to XP again?
>
> Goodwill,
> Luke

Ralph Wade Phillips

Howdy!

"Luke O'Malley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:1c7Bc.29226$(E-Mail Removed) et...
> I tried but recieved a msg saying it was not a 32 bit etc. It is
> strange because when I installed XP, Word 2000 was on the computer
> and worked flawlessly. I upgraded . . . . aaaargh! . . Word XP and
> lost some links to other non-MS programs.

It'd be nice to know exactly what the error message is.

BTW - Yes, Win2000 installs fine on XP UNLESS the XP system is
screwed up. Got Office 2000 running on both of my daughter's machines,
running XP Pro.

> Any suggestions beyond reinstalling 98 and Word 2000 & then
> upgrading to XP again?

Take your machine to a competent PC shop to get it fixed?

RwP

Ron Martell

Luke O'Malley <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I tried but recieved a msg saying it was not a 32 bit etc. It is
>strange because when I installed XP, Word 2000 was on the computer
>and worked flawlessly. I upgraded . . . . aaaargh! . . Word XP and
>lost some links to other non-MS programs.
>
>Any suggestions beyond reinstalling 98 and Word 2000 & then
>upgrading to XP again?
>
>Goodwill,
>Luke

Office 2000 works just fine on Windows XP.

You may have to reinstall your Office 2000. Hopefully you still have
the original CDs for it.

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP
On-Line Help Computer Service

Possible to Un-Install and Re-install IE6? Sens Fan Happy In OH Computer Support 3 07-11-2005 04:37 PM
How to read data from WLAN card directly and bypassing the TCP/IP =?Utf-8?B?S2V0YW4u?= Wireless Networking 1 05-02-2005 08:54 PM
VPN Client Bypassing Packets jo Cisco 1 03-13-2005 08:37 PM
Word 2000 (deinstall options in Word comming from other applications) Rene de Kruijf Computer Support 1 12-27-2003 01:00 PM
bypassing directly connected network Jeremy McMasters Cisco 5 11-11-2003 01:41 AM

Advertisments