Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Unknown process/application

Unknown process/application

Mark

Whenever I turn my computer off and back on an unknown application pup
begins running in the background. When I checked on it I found that its
actual name is 92731875.exe
and it seems to slow my internet connection down tremendously.

What is it, and how can I get rid of it for good?

Thank you in advance for you assistance.

MARK

--
Learn to Earn
Get Ahead of the Curve

°Mike°

Adware.Winpup
http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.winpup.html

Spybot Search & Destroy
http://spybot.eon.net.au/
http://www.safer-networking.org/
http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
SpyBot S&D guide

Ad-Aware
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
http://www.lavasoft.nu/

Spyware Blaster
http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html

CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 07:27:20 -0500, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Mark scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

~S~

I would say use AdAware. It is updateable, and catches tons of crud
spyware/malware.

Any of these others any good?

~S~

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Adware.Winpup
> http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.winpup.html
>

> Download, update and use *all* of the following:
>
> Spybot Search & Destroy
> http://spybot.eon.net.au/
> http://www.safer-networking.org/
> http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
> SpyBot S&D guide
> http://www.chem.wisc.edu/~network/spybot/
>
> Ad-Aware
> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
> http://www.lavasoft.nu/
>
> Spyware Blaster
> http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html
>
> CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/cwschronicles.html
> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/cwshredder.zip
>

> On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 07:27:20 -0500, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Mark scrawled:
>
> >Whenever I turn my computer off and back on an unknown application pup
> >begins running in the background. When I checked on it I found that its
> >actual name is 92731875.exe
> >and it seems to slow my internet connection down tremendously.
> >
> >What is it, and how can I get rid of it for good?
> >
> >Thank you in advance for you assistance.
> >

> >MARK

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 12:45:49 -0400, in
<45_Ac.124227$(E-Mail Removed)>
~S~ scrawled:

>I would say use AdAware.

Read my reply again.

>It is updateable, and catches tons of crud spyware/malware.
>
>Any of these others any good?

I wouldn't recommend them if they weren't; they
all should be used as an all-round solution.

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Adware.Winpup
>> http://sarc.com/avcenter/venc/data/adware.winpup.html
>>

>> Download, update and use *all* of the following:
>>
>> Spybot Search & Destroy
>> http://spybot.eon.net.au/
>> http://www.safer-networking.org/
>> http://spybot.safer-networking.de/
>> SpyBot S&D guide
>> http://www.chem.wisc.edu/~network/spybot/
>>
>> Ad-Aware
>> http://www.lavasoftusa.com/
>> http://www.lavasoft.nu/
>>
>> Spyware Blaster
>> http://www.wilderssecurity.net/spywareblaster.html
>> http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html
>> http://www.net-integration.net/tools...reblaster.html
>>
>> CWShredder (CoolWebSearch remover)
>> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/cwschronicles.html
>> http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/cwshredder.zip

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

ProfGene

Have you run a virus scan because I remember that some viruses are named
like that with long numbers?
"Mark" <do_not_even_think_of@spam> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Whenever I turn my computer off and back on an unknown application pup
> begins running in the background. When I checked on it I found that its
> actual name is 92731875.exe
> and it seems to slow my internet connection down tremendously.
>
> What is it, and how can I get rid of it for good?
>
> Thank you in advance for you assistance.
>

> MARK
>
> --
> Learn to Earn
> Get Ahead of the Curve
> Just a <CLICK> Away
> www.webstar101.com/?292/

~S~

> >I would say use AdAware.

> Read my reply again.

wellll just seems like overkill to me. I know people who get a funny look
in their eye when you simply
mention 'downloading'.

Have a proper backup image of your system in place, update your antivirus
and windows update, use good firewall (i use sygate pro), use a Mailwasher
program, leave that crap on your server. and run adaware or such once in a
blue. My isp recently deployed their own spamware, and it seems to be
working,.

I download like a fiend and RARELY RARELY RARELY do I ever get infected,
etc. If I do I either clean (works 90% of the time, and takes 10 minutes of
my precious life).

Besides, most of the stuff I've learned about how pc's work has been learned
when **** went wrong, so I kinda like those experiences.

Being a whiner gets ya nowhere. Gets you trolled.

I'm not saying don't protect, I'm just sayin using all that spyware
detection is not a great way to do it. You have all those sysmons
running all the time bound to slow you down even on a fast pc.

> I wouldn't recommend them if they weren't; they
> all should be used as an all-round solution.

Fair enough, and don't get me wrong, seems like good stuff.

But as far as a recommendation, well, you take those on the net with a grain
of salt dontcha?
Pleased to meet you.

~S~

°Mike°

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 15:57:54 -0400, in
<8V0Bc.127306$(E-Mail Removed)>
~S~ scrawled:

>> >I would say use AdAware.

>> Read my reply again.
>>

>wellll just seems like overkill to me.

Not overkill at all. They all do different things.

>I know people who get a funny look in their eye when you simply
>mention 'downloading'.

It depends on WHAT you download and install that
makes overkill.

>Have a proper backup image of your system in place, update
>your antivirus and windows update, use good firewall (i use
>sygate pro), use a Mailwasher program, leave that crap on
>your server. and run adaware or such once in a blue. My isp
>recently deployed their own spamware, and it seems to be
>working,.

The OP is already INFECTED, or hadn't you noticed that? And please
don't say "all the more reason for the above, blah, blah, blah...."

>I download like a fiend

So you get a lot of funny looks, then?

>and RARELY RARELY RARELY do I ever get infected, etc. If I
>do I either clean (works 90% of the time, and takes 10 minutes
>of my precious life).

You've obviously never come across CoolWebSearch hijacker,
then, or some insidious keylogger/trojan. Who knows, you
could be infected now, and not know about it.

>Besides, most of the stuff I've learned about how pc's work
>has been learned when **** went wrong, so I kinda like
>those experiences.

Well there's a contradiction. Oh, maybe not; maybe
you know Jack Schitt, seeing as most of what you
know come from "RARELY RARELY RARELY" experience.

>Being a whiner gets ya nowhere. Gets you trolled.

Then why are you whining?

>I'm not saying don't protect, I'm just sayin using all
>that spyware detection is not a great way to do it.

Hmmm! I suppose your way is to wait for the funny
looks, and if you get enough, you must be infected,
yes?

>You have all those sysmons

"sysmons"? <Boggle!>

>running all the time bound to slow you down even on a fast pc.

Not one of those programs are resident monitors,
save for ONE FEATURE of SpyBot S&D; a BHO that
is ONLY active within Internet Explorer.

>> I wouldn't recommend them if they weren't; they
>> all should be used as an all-round solution.

>Fair enough, and don't get me wrong, seems like good stuff.

They are, and they're all free.

>But as far as a recommendation, well, you take those on the
>net with a grain of salt dontcha?

When thousands of satisfied customers all recommend the
same thing/s, you can be pretty certain that there's
something in it/them.

>Pleased to meet you.

You haven't met me; I don't exist.

--
Basic computer maintenance

~S~

Yup
The funny look those peeps get in their eye comes from being paranoid,
uninformed, and neurotic
whats your excuse?
I think I pegged you right.
Self-important to the core.

> The OP is already INFECTED, or hadn't you noticed that? And please
> don't say "all the more reason for the above, blah, blah, blah...."

all the more reason for the above, blah, blah, blah....

> So you get a lot of funny looks, then?

yes
make me laugh, kinda like you

> You've obviously never come across CoolWebSearch hijacker,
> then, or some insidious keylogger/trojan. Who knows, you
> could be infected now, and not know about it.

I've used them
I check my viewability, I'm okay Jack.
Plus, I keep my important stuff on external drives, usb, that shut off.
If I get a virus (I have, who hasn't?) I go to my previous image.

> >Besides, most of the stuff I've learned about how pc's work
> >has been learned when **** went wrong, so I kinda like
> >those experiences.

> Well there's a contradiction. Oh, maybe not; maybe
> you know Jack Schitt, seeing as most of what you
> know come from "RARELY RARELY RARELY" experience.

You should be a lawyer, you argue the vapid points like the digital tiger
that you is...

> >Being a whiner gets ya nowhere. Gets you trolled.

> Then why are you whining?

you is kinda funny

> >I'm not saying don't protect, I'm just sayin using all
> >that spyware detection is not a great way to do it.

> Hmmm! I suppose your way is to wait for the funny
> looks, and if you get enough, you must be infected,
> yes?

You really are a picky little piece of cuntmeat aintcha?

> >You have all those sysmons

> "sysmons"? <Boggle!>

system monitors
do the math brainwave

> >running all the time bound to slow you down even on a fast pc.

> Not one of those programs are resident monitors,
> save for ONE FEATURE of SpyBot S&D; a BHO that
> is ONLY active within Internet Explorer.

I stand corrected
I don't pretend to know everything
Unlike my godlike friends on the net, like you
pleased to meet you, Daytripper

> >> I wouldn't recommend them if they weren't; they
> >> all should be used as an all-round solution.

> >Fair enough, and don't get me wrong, seems like good stuff.

> They are, and they're all free.
>
> >But as far as a recommendation, well, you take those on the
> >net with a grain of salt dontcha?

I meant you're a fart

> When thousands of satisfied customers all recommend the
> same thing/s, you can be pretty certain that there's
> something in it/them.
>
> >Pleased to meet you.

> You haven't met me; I don't exist.

You mean you're wasted space?

this page is for retards

°Mike°

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 20:13:23 -0400, in
<FE4Bc.136364$(E-Mail Removed)>
~S~ scrawled:

>Yup
>The funny look those peeps get in their eye comes from being
>paranoid, uninformed, and neurotic

Whereas yours comes from natural idiocy.

>whats your excuse?

I don't offer excuses.

>I think I pegged you right.
>Self-important to the core.

So you're just another fool who resorts to typecasting

>> The OP is already INFECTED, or hadn't you noticed that? And please
>> don't say "all the more reason for the above, blah, blah, blah...."

>all the more reason for the above, blah, blah, blah....

Well, at least you could have come up with something
original. YAWN!

>> So you get a lot of funny looks, then?

>yes
>make me laugh, kinda like you

I have a question. Can you talk using proper sentences,
because you can't write them?

>> You've obviously never come across CoolWebSearch hijacker,
>> then, or some insidious keylogger/trojan. Who knows, you
>> could be infected now, and not know about it.

>I've used them
>I check my viewability, I'm okay Jack.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

>Plus, I keep my important stuff on external drives, usb, that
>shut off. If I get a virus (I have, who hasn't?)

I haven't.

<snip>

>> Well there's a contradiction. Oh, maybe not; maybe
>> you know Jack Schitt, seeing as most of what you
>> know come from "RARELY RARELY RARELY" experience.

>You should be a lawyer, you argue the vapid points like the
>digital tiger that you is...

"are..."

<snip>

>> Then why are you whining?

>you is kinda funny

"You are". And you're not.

<snip>

>> Hmmm! I suppose your way is to wait for the funny
>> looks, and if you get enough, you must be infected,
>> yes?

>You really are a picky little piece of cuntmeat aintcha?

Ooooh, did you make that up without any help from mommy?
Or were you abused as a child?

>> >You have all those sysmons

>> "sysmons"? <Boggle!>

>system monitors
>do the math brainwave

I know what sysmons means, idiot ... you obviously
don't. WHOOOOOOOOOSH!

>> >running all the time bound to slow you down even on a fast pc.

>> Not one of those programs are resident monitors,
>> save for ONE FEATURE of SpyBot S&D; a BHO that
>> is ONLY active within Internet Explorer.

>I stand corrected

Maybe there's hope for you, after all.

>I don't pretend to know everything

Neither do I.

>Unlike my godlike friends

You have friends? I AM surprised.

> on the net, like you
>pleased to meet you, Daytripper

AH! I see. Anybody you "meet" is your friend.
That explains a whole lot.

<snip>

>> >But as far as a recommendation, well, you take those on the
>> >net with a grain of salt dontcha?

>I meant you're a fart

Why are you insulting yourself? Lost all of your
make-believe friends?

<snip>

>> >Pleased to meet you.

>> You haven't met me; I don't exist.

>You mean you're wasted space?

As far as you're concerned, yes.

>http://uk.geocities.com/personel44/maintenance.html
>
>this page is for retards

I'm glad you found it of some help. Yes, maybe there
really IS hope for you, yet.

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

Interpretation: "I can't think of anything to say in
reply to °Mike°, so I'll reply to the troll instead".

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 02:17:01 -0400, in
<zZ9Bc.186789$(E-Mail Removed)>
~S~ scrawled:

>yawn