Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Norton Internet Security 2004

Norton Internet Security 2004

SeventhStranger

Hi,

I've just installed Norton Internet Security 2004 onto my Win XP Home PC.

I am having problems with the firewall aspect. If firewall is enabled I
cannot connect to the internet or send/receive emails in OE - I have a
broadband connection.

I can disable the firewall and get onto the internet and email perfectly OK
but obviously this isn't ideal.

I have made sure that none of my settings in firewall are set too high and
can see no obvious reason for this problem.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks.

--
Jayne

Her - "Where's the cat?"
Him - "What cat?"
Her - "The one that s**t in my mouth while I was asleep."

If you used the default install NIS should have configured itself for yr
connections and apps, either something went wrong with the install or you
chose to configure it yourself.
Its a configuration issue, Open NIS, select Firewall/Configure, ensure turn
on auto control is ticked

"SeventhStranger" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:efHAc.1095$i%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed Norton Internet Security 2004 onto my Win XP Home PC.
>
> I am having problems with the firewall aspect. If firewall is enabled I
> cannot connect to the internet or send/receive emails in OE - I have a
> broadband connection.
>
> I can disable the firewall and get onto the internet and email perfectly

OK
> but obviously this isn't ideal.
>
> I have made sure that none of my settings in firewall are set too high and
> can see no obvious reason for this problem.
>
> Can anyone help?
>
> Many thanks.
>
> --
> Jayne
>
> Her - "Where's the cat?"
> Him - "What cat?"
> Her - "The one that s**t in my mouth while I was asleep."

Jayne

Hi,

thanks for that. It is already ticked.

JB