Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook Express 6.0 vanishing "Blocked Senders" list

Outlook Express 6.0 vanishing "Blocked Senders" list

Bob

I find that any email addresses that I add to the Blocked Senders list are
lost when I shut down OE6. Each time I open OE6 and check, the list is
empty. I haven't been able to find any report of or fix for this problem.
Any suggestions?

Bob

°Mike°

You may have a damaged registry key. Open your
registry editor (Start / Run / regedit) to the following
key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER
+Identities
+{GUID}
+Software
+Microsoft
+Outlook Express
+5.0
+Block Senders

Make sure that Outlook Express is closed, then highlight
the 'Blocked Senders' key and delete it.

Reopen OE and try to set a new block.

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:02:55 -0700, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Bob scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Ginchy

Thanks Mike that worked for me......is it just a coincidence that this just
happened to me too and then I saw this post?

Strange?

Thanks anyway Mike!

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> You may have a damaged registry key. Open your
> registry editor (Start / Run / regedit) to the following
> key:
>
> HKEY_CURRENT_USER
> +Identities
> +{GUID}
> +Software
> +Microsoft
> +Outlook Express
> +5.0
> +Block Senders
>
> Make sure that Outlook Express is closed, then highlight
> the 'Blocked Senders' key and delete it.
>
> Reopen OE and try to set a new block.
>

> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:02:55 -0700, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Bob scrawled:
>
> >I find that any email addresses that I add to the Blocked Senders list

are
> >lost when I shut down OE6. Each time I open OE6 and check, the list is
> >empty. I haven't been able to find any report of or fix for this problem.
> >Any suggestions?
> >
> >Bob
> >

> --
> Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

You're welcome, and yes, it probably just coincidence.

On Wed, 23 Jun 2004 04:50:04 +0000 (UTC), in
<cbb25p$8g1$(E-Mail Removed)>
Ginchy scrawled:

>Thanks Mike that worked for me......is it just a coincidence that this just
>happened to me too and then I saw this post?
>
>Strange?
>
>Thanks anyway Mike!

>news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> You may have a damaged registry key. Open your
>> registry editor (Start / Run / regedit) to the following
>> key:

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

smpc999 smpc999 is offline
Junior Member

i'm trying to delete the block senders key as you have described but it is not even on the list after following your directions to find it?