Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Networking problem

Networking problem

dave

I have a home network consisting of a Windows 2003 server and a Windows XP
workstation. I originally had the two linked together thru a 4 port hub. I
then got wireless adsl and since then I cannot connect the machines
together. Any ideas?

Server

Network Card 192.168.2.2
No default gateway

Wireless card 192.168.2.10
Default gateway 192.168.2.1

Workstation

Network Card 192.168.2.3

Wireless card 192.168.2.15

Brian

"dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:AylAc.16222$(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
> I have a home network consisting of a Windows 2003 server and a Windows XP
> workstation. I originally had the two linked together thru a 4 port hub.

> then got wireless adsl and since then I cannot connect the machines
> together. Any ideas?
>
> Server
>
> Network Card 192.168.2.2
> No default gateway
>
> Wireless card 192.168.2.10
> Default gateway 192.168.2.1
>
> Workstation
>
> Network Card 192.168.2.3
> Default gateway 192.168.2.1
>
> Wireless card 192.168.2.15
> Default gateway 192.168.2.1

you need to put the 192.168.2.1 as dns server on all clients aswell...

Brian

"dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:AylAc.16222$(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
> I have a home network consisting of a Windows 2003 server and a Windows XP
> workstation. I originally had the two linked together thru a 4 port hub.

> then got wireless adsl and since then I cannot connect the machines
> together. Any ideas?
>
> Server
>
> Network Card 192.168.2.2
> No default gateway
>
> Wireless card 192.168.2.10
> Default gateway 192.168.2.1
>
> Workstation
>
> Network Card 192.168.2.3
> Default gateway 192.168.2.1
>
> Wireless card 192.168.2.15
> Default gateway 192.168.2.1

or even the 192.168.2.2

Jim Berwick

"dave" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:AylAc.16222$(E-Mail Removed)9.net:

> I have a home network consisting of a Windows 2003 server and a
> Windows XP workstation. I originally had the two linked together thru
> a 4 port hub. I then got wireless adsl and since then I cannot
> connect the machines together. Any ideas?

Why do you have both wired and wireless connections in the same machine?
If you are not using some of them, disable them. Can both machines ping
the gateway? Can both machines ping each other? More information.