Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > ASP .Net > IP Address questions???

IP Address questions???

Hai Nguyen

Hi everyone

I'm making a page which needs to identify users comming from a certain IP
address. I've never have experience with this.
Would anyone give me any hints?

Thanks

Chris Taylor

Hi,

You can use Request.UserHostAddress to obtain the IP address of the client
requesting the web page. However this might not be acurate as any
intermediate proxy or NAT servers will hide to original originating IP
address.

Hope this helps

--
Chris Taylor