Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Jpegs

Jpegs

stitcher

I have just purchased a new computer and some of the settings must have been
changed at the store. I was having a problem with not being able to open
attachments which I have since fixed. However, I also cannot send out jpegs.
Is there a setting somewhere in the background which would prevent me from
doing that. I received it so why can't I send it.

Thanks.

Betty

Livewire

In article <p2gAc.347869$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> I have just purchased a new computer and some of the settings must have been
> changed at the store. I was having a problem with not being able to open
> attachments which I have since fixed. However, I also cannot send out jpegs.
> Is there a setting somewhere in the background which would prevent me from
> doing that. I received it so why can't I send it.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Betty

Hi

Microsoft's default setting with attachments is not to let you open some
attachments including .exe and .doc files, so the chances are the store
hadn't been fiddling with things.

As for the jpegs, there shouldn't be any problem.

How are you doing it? What exactly happens when you try to send?

Have you asucceeded in sending other sorts of attachments?

°Mike°

Make sure that you 'Send pictures with messages'
set in Tools / Options / Send / HTML Settings.

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 12:22:45 GMT, in
<p2gAc.347869$(E-Mail Removed)>
stitcher scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Another flash question - jpegs in flash movie acting oddly. Jim Higson HTML 1 09-21-2004 10:38 PM
Problem with imageio: ImageReader stalls on JPEGs at ~95% Aaron Davies Java 4 06-30-2004 07:43 PM
Can't restore files association or view JPEGs in AXIM X5 say@no.to.spam Computer Support 3 10-02-2003 07:48 PM
created jpegs Brian Henry ASP .Net 2 07-21-2003 05:45 PM
Mozilla and JPEGs James Firefox 4 07-07-2003 10:21 AM

Advertisments