Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > BAckup

BAckup

Tommy

I am having a computer built and i would like any ideas on a backup systems.
I presently use a tape for full system backup but I would like to us othter
options if they are able to back up by itself. I been using the program
stomp to back up the tapes. I also have an external hard drive but I use
NortonGhost for this but I have to back this up myself it does not do this
automaatically. unless someone knows differently. Any ideas for backups.
Thanks to all Tom

There are numerous backup apps, generally they can all be set to
auto/scheduled.
Some will backup to remote sites others only to hd.
You pays yr money and makes yr choice
A sys backup is not the sames as Data backup

"Tommy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rTcAc.2095$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> I am having a computer built and i would like any ideas on a backup

systems.
> I presently use a tape for full system backup but I would like to us

othter
> options if they are able to back up by itself. I been using the program
> stomp to back up the tapes. I also have an external hard drive but I use
> NortonGhost for this but I have to back this up myself it does not do this
> automaatically. unless someone knows differently. Any ideas for backups.
> Thanks to all Tom

Toolman Tim

"Tommy" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:rTcAc.2095$(E-Mail Removed)
> > I am having a computer built and i would like any ideas on a backup
> > systems. I presently use a tape for full system backup but I would
> > like to us othter options if they are able to back up by itself. I
> > been using the program stomp to back up the tapes. I also have an
> > external hard drive but I use NortonGhost for this but I have to
> > back this up myself it does not do this automaatically. unless
> > someone knows differently. Any ideas for backups. Thanks to all Tom

BackUp MyPC from Stomp will backup to most devices - CDRW, Zip, Tape, Hard
drives, etc. Check their online support for a list of equipment that they
support: http://www.stompsoft.com/bump/ and scroll down to "Related
Subjects" near the bottom - click on "Before you buy, check to see if your
device is compatible with BackUp MyPC."

So far, the only thing I have that isn't compatible is an external Orb drive
from Castlewood (6gig removable hard disk).

THEY went." ~Will Rogers~