Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > New tools, They don't want you to have.

New tools, They don't want you to have.

Mary

Just letting everyone know about www.ProfilesByte.com, a brand new site to let you know what 'they' don't want you to know.
By going their, they offer you a program that will then give you access to what the Government has been keeping from you over these past four years.
Normally, this type of information would simply be on the website, but because of the upcoming election, we would have been shut down too quick.
By it being in the application that you run, it is legal and they can not do anything about it.
Please, do us all a favor and make your choice on who the new president should be. We simply want to make sure that you get the information you deserve.
Keep in mind, when visiting the site, you will be prompted for the program. It is free, and you are more then welcome to tell others about it.

Thank You,
ProfilesByte Staff.

Ionizer

"Mary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news9cAc.49392$eu.10808@attbi_s02...
> Just letting everyone know about...
> Thank You,
> ProfilesByte Staff.

It's either a homepage hijacker or something more insidious:
http://www.computercops.biz/postt46799.html
Either way, report sent to the appropriate abuse address.

--
Ian.

Parko

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 07:57:08 +0000, Mary wrote:

> Thank You,
> ProfilesByte Staff.

Downloadable straight from Area 51.
--
Parko
Registered Linux User #339345

Scrote

Mary wrote:
An adware scam
Report sent
Avenger will be along soon.
HAND & bugger off.

Avengerę

On Thu, 17 Jun 2004 07:57:08 GMT, "Mary" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Just letting everyone know about

Bugger Off!!
--
Avengerę
(E-Mail Removed)

Paul

Ionizer wrote:

> It's either a homepage hijacker or something more insidious:

Didn't hijack my Firefox homepage. Oops, it affects IE only.

Scrote

Paul wrote:
>> Ionizer wrote:
>>
>>> It's either a homepage hijacker or something more insidious:

>> Didn't hijack my Firefox homepage. Oops, it affects IE only.

Spybot S&D....works for me lol
--
All sorts of computer errors are now turning up. You'd be surprised to
know the number of doctors who claim they are treating pregnant men. --

Jim Berwick

"Scrote" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> Spybot S&D....works for me lol

Using a third party program to repair defects is a half assed solution to
just making the original product work better and safer.

Plato

Mary wrote:

> Just letting everyone know about www.ProfilesByte.com, a brand new site to let you know what 'they' don't want you to know.
> Keep in mind, when visiting the site, you will be prompted for the program. It is free, and you are more then welcome to tell others about it.

Just letting everyone know that you should NEVER install a special
program to view a
webpage. Many people just say yes and get their home page hijacked and
have all sorts of spyware installed.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/

Gary G. Taylor

Plato wrote:

> Mary wrote:
>>
>> Just letting everyone know about www.ProfilesByte.com, a brand new site
>> to let you know what 'they' don't want you to know. Keep in mind, when
>> visiting the site, you will be prompted for the program. It is free, and
>> you are more then welcome to tell others about it.

> Just letting everyone know that you should NEVER install a special
> program to view a
> webpage. Many people just say yes and get their home page hijacked and
> have all sorts of spyware installed.

A poster in news.admin.net-abuse.email says that, by the looks of things,
the app is a trojan/hijacker. Further investigation is underway.

--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA