Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Getting video from DVR to computer

Getting video from DVR to computer

Steve

Hello,

I have a Sony DCR-TRV33. This camera can use either firewire (1394) or USB
2.0. Does it make any difference which one I use in order to burn DVDs? I
am going to try to use Nero 6.

Steve

Brian

"Steve" <(E-Mail Removed)> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Hello,
>
> I have a Sony DCR-TRV33. This camera can use either firewire (1394) or

USB
> 2.0. Does it make any difference which one I use in order to burn DVDs?

> am going to try to use Nero 6.
>
> Steve

not realy 100% sure but i think that with usb u can only stream and not
capture.. but firewire can definately do both...

J M

In article <ZjRzc.61261$Sw.5223@attbi_s51>, Steve <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a Sony DCR-TRV33. This camera can use either firewire (1394) or USB
> 2.0. Does it make any difference which one I use in order to burn DVDs? I
> am going to try to use Nero 6.

It makes a difference in performance of the burning process.
Firewire is fast and efficient, USB 2 is fast but has to be run through
the processor and slows down other tasks.

Are you sure you want to burn directly to DVD?
I mean, are you going to send the camera data straight to DVD, and do
you know how and why?

ProfGene

I have heard that USB is faster but either one might drop frames if you dont
have enough memory or raid. When you drop just a few frames the picture
might not suffer much but the sound could become choppy. I use an ADS
device after I was unable to keep from dropping frames and it works good.
Try both and see which works best.
> Hello,
>
> I have a Sony DCR-TRV33. This camera can use either firewire (1394) or

USB
> 2.0. Does it make any difference which one I use in order to burn DVDs?

> am going to try to use Nero 6.
>
> Steve

127.0.0.1

> Hello,
>
> I have a Sony DCR-TRV33. This camera can use either firewire (1394) or

USB
> 2.0. Does it make any difference which one I use in order to burn DVDs?

> am going to try to use Nero 6.
>
> Steve

i would recommend sending the file(s) to your HDD first, then burn it to DVD
from there.
USB2 vs 1394 is irrelvant, you may not see a difference in speed. but
burning to DVD will depend on your computer's specs.

i would not recommend sending directly from camera to dvd.
but if you must, use firewire instead of usb2. ide (HDD) is faster than
either 1394 or USB2.

-a|ex

Getting a DVR to work ivor Hardware 0 11-17-2008 10:15 PM
DVR / video clip player peter.vanbrussel@gmail.com DVD Video 0 01-24-2008 07:11 PM
S Video and DVR MSB Computer Support 4 01-05-2006 12:53 AM
From DVR box to computer? Lepper Digital Photography 2 05-31-2005 05:32 PM

Advertisments