Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Yahoo email: gray buttons not working any ideas?

Yahoo email: gray buttons not working any ideas?

Phin

In my yahoo email, I MOST of the gray buttons don't work. Can't send,
compose, delete, save. Can't call yahoo cuz they don't provide phone
support and can't find anything on this in their help section. Can
anyone help? Have tried different browsers. They do work on other
computers, just not mine. Weird.

-=-Phin

Boomer

Phin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> In my yahoo email, I MOST of the gray buttons don't work. Can't
> send, compose, delete, save. Can't call yahoo cuz they don't
> provide phone support and can't find anything on this in their
> help section. Can anyone help? Have tried different browsers.
> They do work on other computers, just not mine. Weird.
>
> -=-Phin

Maybe this? Posted about 10 minutes ago.

Subject: Re: http://www.microsoft.com/uk/default.aspx hijacked?
news:(E-Mail Removed)

Alexander Rogge

> In my yahoo email, I MOST of the gray buttons don't work. Can't send,
> compose, delete, save.

The buttons don't seem to work unless the Web page has loaded completely.

Phin

On 15 Jun 2004 16:41:06 GMT, Boomer <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>Phin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> In my yahoo email, I MOST of the gray buttons don't work. Can't
>> send, compose, delete, save. Can't call yahoo cuz they don't
>> provide phone support and can't find anything on this in their
>> help section. Can anyone help? Have tried different browsers.
>> They do work on other computers, just not mine. Weird.
>>
>> -=-Phin

>Maybe this? Posted about 10 minutes ago.
>
>Subject: Re: http://www.microsoft.com/uk/default.aspx hijacked?
>news:(E-Mail Removed)

Could you cut and paste here what you're talking about cuz I don't
follow where you're going. I don't see anything about the problem at
that url. Sorry.

-=-Phin

Boomer

Phin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> On 15 Jun 2004 16:41:06 GMT, Boomer
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>Phin <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> In my yahoo email, I MOST of the gray buttons don't work.
>>> Can't send, compose, delete, save. Can't call yahoo cuz they
>>> don't provide phone support and can't find anything on this in
>>> their help section. Can anyone help? Have tried different
>>> browsers. They do work on other computers, just not mine.
>>> Weird.
>>>
>>> -=-Phin

>>Maybe this? Posted about 10 minutes ago.
>>
>>Subject: Re: http://www.microsoft.com/uk/default.aspx hijacked?
>>news:(E-Mail Removed)

> Could you cut and paste here what you're talking about cuz I
> don't follow where you're going. I don't see anything about the
> problem at that url. Sorry.
>
> -=-Phin

Hi

Sorry, I thought it 'might' have something to do with the DOS that
was happening yesterday to Yahoo and other sites, since you did say
you couldn't 'send, compose, delete, save'.

You never did say what OS you have or anything about firewalls or
other software that would be different on your computer vs. the
others. Do you scan for viruses, spyware etc.?

The problem could be quite simple.
Why not start with Mike's Basic computer maintenance?

You might want to bookmark this URL in case you might need it in the
future.
http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/us/mail/cgi_feedback