Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > transferring mp3s to mini disk

transferring mp3s to mini disk

Jackie

Hi I have a friend for whom I download mp3s so that he can listen to them on
his mini disk player.The way he transfers them at the moment is that I burn
them to a cd and he uses a cdplayer(he has no computer)to record them onto
mini disk. There must be a better way of doing it than this as it wastes a
cdr if I just download one song for him as the cdr has to be finished(?) I
have an old laptop that he can have so is there a way of transferring the
files direct from the laptop to the mini disk. I would still have to
transfer them from my computer to the laptop but I have a pen drive.
Thanks Jackie

Gary G. Taylor

Jackie wrote:

> Hi I have a friend for whom I download mp3s so that he can listen to them
> on his mini disk player.The way he transfers them at the moment is that I
> burn them to a cd and he uses a cdplayer(he has no computer)to record them
> onto mini disk. There must be a better way of doing it than this as it
> wastes a cdr if I just download one song for him as the cdr has to be
> finished(?) I have an old laptop that he can have so is there a way of
> transferring the files direct from the laptop to the mini disk. I would
> still have to transfer them from my computer to the laptop but I have a
> pen drive. Thanks Jackie

Use CDRW discs, burned as though they were CDRs? Once you've gotten the
stuff off it, erase it and start over.

--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

Jackie

"Gary G. Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:u9zzc.2901$(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Jackie wrote:
>
> > Hi I have a friend for whom I download mp3s so that he can listen to

them
> > on his mini disk player.The way he transfers them at the moment is that

> > burn them to a cd and he uses a cdplayer(he has no computer)to record

them
> > onto mini disk. There must be a better way of doing it than this as it
> > wastes a cdr if I just download one song for him as the cdr has to be
> > finished(?) I have an old laptop that he can have so is there a way of
> > transferring the files direct from the laptop to the mini disk. I would
> > still have to transfer them from my computer to the laptop but I have a
> > pen drive. Thanks Jackie

> Use CDRW discs, burned as though they were CDRs? Once you've gotten the
> stuff off it, erase it and start over.

hi cd player does not play cdrw disks for some reason
Jackie

Gary G. Taylor

Jackie wrote:

> "Gary G. Taylor" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:u9zzc.2901$(E-Mail Removed) ...
>> Jackie wrote:
>>
>> > Hi I have a friend for whom I download mp3s so that he can listen to

> them
>> > on his mini disk player.The way he transfers them at the moment is that

>> > burn them to a cd and he uses a cdplayer(he has no computer)to record

> them
>> > onto mini disk. There must be a better way of doing it than this as it
>> > wastes a cdr if I just download one song for him as the cdr has to be
>> > finished(?) I have an old laptop that he can have so is there a way of
>> > transferring the files direct from the laptop to the mini disk. I would
>> > still have to transfer them from my computer to the laptop but I have a
>> > pen drive. Thanks Jackie

>> Use CDRW discs, burned as though they were CDRs? Once you've gotten the
>> stuff off it, erase it and start over.

> hi cd player does not play cdrw disks for some reason
> Jackie

Did you try to play CDRW disks that were recorded with a program which
permits one to use the CDRW as a big floppy disk, or CDRW disks that were
recorded like CDRs? There is a difference, and no CD player can play the
first kind.

--
Gary G. Taylor * Rialto, CA

me

assuming the laptop has sound capabilities, try the line out
from the laptop directly into the minidisc recorder (may need
a new connecting cable) and record in real time while playing
the mp3 tracks on the laptop media player.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...