Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > clearing history isn't helping getting rid of things in address bar

clearing history isn't helping getting rid of things in address bar

xoom

Hi,
I run IE 6.0 on Win XP pro. even when I clear clear history, delte
cookies, files, autocomplete. It doesn't clear fully when I type
something in address bar. how do i correct this?

I even get rid of stuff from History, temp and Temporary Internet
Files folder.

Romper

was said before :

>Hi,
>I run IE 6.0 on Win XP pro. even when I clear clear history, delte
>cookies, files, autocomplete. It doesn't clear fully when I type
>something in address bar. how do i correct this?
>
>I even get rid of stuff from History, temp and Temporary Internet
>Files folder.

try running regedit then go to key location

HKey_users//<Long number unique to user>>//Software/Microsoft/internet
explorer/Typed URLs

or a quicker way is Regedit then edit menu ans click find. Enter a url
that appears in ie6.0 that hasnt been cleared and it will find it
hope that helps

Outa here.... got a muppet to save

Linda

Have you also deselected the three check boxes above the autocomplete
button?

"xoom" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Hi,
> I run IE 6.0 on Win XP pro. even when I clear clear history, delte
> cookies, files, autocomplete. It doesn't clear fully when I type
> something in address bar. how do i correct this?
>
> I even get rid of stuff from History, temp and Temporary Internet
> Files folder.

xoom

Linda - u r brilliant !!

It worked. the other method mentioned in the prev. post, I am going to
try now n see.

hasta la vista, baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!