Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > XP system tray program not showing up consistently

XP system tray program not showing up consistently

Cloud Burst

Hi.

Running XP Pro. All up to date with patches, etc.

I have a pop3 checked that always loads at startup time.

Occasionally it doesn't show up in the System Tray, but
it is running for sure. Usually it does show up.

There is a "Hide inactive icons" check box in the Task
Bar properties which I have unchecked.

Any ideas? Bug? Common bug?

Thanks.

CB

°Mike°

Which POP3 checker would this be? It's probably
software related.

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:40:46 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Cloud Burst scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Cloud Burst

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 22:16:35 +0100, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Which POP3 checker would this be? It's probably
>software related.

Magic Mail Monitor. I really like it. But it shows up in the System
Tray 99% of the time. You think that could be related to MMM itself?

CB

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:40:46 GMT, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Cloud Burst scrawled:
>
>>Hi.
>>
>>Running XP Pro. All up to date with patches, etc.
>>
>>I have a pop3 checked that always loads at startup time.
>>
>>Occasionally it doesn't show up in the System Tray, but
>>it is running for sure. Usually it does show up.
>>
>>There is a "Hide inactive icons" check box in the Task
>>Bar properties which I have unchecked.
>>
>>Any ideas? Bug? Common bug?
>>
>>Thanks.
>>
>>CB

°Mike°

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 05:25:06 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Cloud Burst scrawled:

>On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 22:16:35 +0100, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>Which POP3 checker would this be? It's probably
>>software related.

>Magic Mail Monitor. I really like it. But it shows up in the System
>Tray 99% of the time. You think that could be related to MMM itself?

I use Magic Mail Monitor, too. It works fine for me.
Looking at the documentation, there were several
interface bugs fixed in version 2.94b9, but it's now
up to version 2.94b10 as of April. Are you up to
date?

--

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 06:39:27 +0100, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 05:25:06 GMT, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Cloud Burst scrawled:
>
>>On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 22:16:35 +0100, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>Which POP3 checker would this be? It's probably
>>>software related.

>>Magic Mail Monitor. I really like it. But it shows up in the System
>>Tray 99% of the time. You think that could be related to MMM itself?

>I use Magic Mail Monitor, too. It works fine for me.
>Looking at the documentation, there were several
>interface bugs fixed in version 2.94b9, but it's now
>up to version 2.94b10 as of April. Are you up to
>date?

Aha. Thanks. I didn't even know development had moved to SourceForge.
I had V2.9, and the update link went to the original developer's page.

Let's see what happens with the updated version.

CB

°Mike°

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 06:01:56 GMT, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Cloud Burst scrawled:

>On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 06:39:27 +0100, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 05:25:06 GMT, in
>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>> Cloud Burst scrawled:

>>>Magic Mail Monitor. I really like it. But it shows up in the System
>>>Tray 99% of the time. You think that could be related to MMM itself?

>>I use Magic Mail Monitor, too. It works fine for me.
>>Looking at the documentation, there were several
>>interface bugs fixed in version 2.94b9, but it's now
>>up to version 2.94b10 as of April. Are you up to
>>date?

>Aha. Thanks. I didn't even know development had moved to SourceForge.
>I had V2.9, and the update link went to the original developer's page.
>
>Let's see what happens with the updated version.
>
>CB

You're welcome. The filters and regexp are very handy.

--

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 19:09:00 +0100, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 06:01:56 GMT, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Cloud Burst scrawled:
>
>>On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 06:39:27 +0100, °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>>On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 05:25:06 GMT, in
>>> <(E-Mail Removed)>
>>> Cloud Burst scrawled:

>>>I use Magic Mail Monitor, too. It works fine for me.
>>>Looking at the documentation, there were several
>>>interface bugs fixed in version 2.94b9, but it's now
>>>up to version 2.94b10 as of April. Are you up to
>>>date?

>>Aha. Thanks. I didn't even know development had moved to SourceForge.
>>I had V2.9, and the update link went to the original developer's page.
>>
>>Let's see what happens with the updated version.
>>
>>CB

>You're welcome. The filters and regexp are very handy.

Well, it happened again. So I guess it's more like 90%, not 99%!

I think this is the only app it ever happens to, but I'm not sure.
I think maybe Norton Anti-Virus Pro or ZoneAlarm may also do this
every now and then.

It's mostly just annoying since I don't know if the app is running
or not without looking in the Task Manager.