Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Data extraction

Data extraction

Bob nospam

I need to get the raw data out of 2 files, one has the extension .ngn and
the other .ngl. Normally I'd dump them into Notepad, but the files are too
big.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might do?

Martik

"Bob nospam" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:9j1zc.14903$(E-Mail Removed)9.net...
>I need to get the raw data out of 2 files, one has the extension .ngn and
> the other .ngl. Normally I'd dump them into Notepad, but the files are
> too
> big.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might do?

Wordpad

°Mike°

UltraEdit
http://www.ultraedit.com/

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004 19:47:52 +0100, in
<9j1zc.14903$(E-Mail Removed)9.net>
Bob nospam scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

John

In article <9j1zc.14903$(E-Mail Removed)9.net>, Bob nospam
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> I need to get the raw data out of 2 files, one has the extension .ngn and
> the other .ngl. Normally I'd dump them into Notepad, but the files are too
> big.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might do?

Tell us what kind of content they are supposed to be, so that we can
suggest a program?

Bob nospam

> >I need to get the raw data out of 2 files, one has the extension .ngn and
> > the other .ngl. Normally I'd dump them into Notepad, but the files are
> > too
> > big.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might do?
> >

> Wordpad

Thanks for the suggestion, but all that comes out is gibberish. Of course,
it may be that the files contain gibberish.

Bob nospam

> > I need to get the raw data out of 2 files, one has the extension .ngn
and
> > the other .ngl. Normally I'd dump them into Notepad, but the files are

too
> > big.
> >
> > Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might do?

> Tell us what kind of content they are supposed to be, so that we can
> suggest a program?

Data in the form of quiz questions and answers from a CD ROM game of The
Weakest Link