Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Desktop Icon

Desktop Icon

Derek Hamilton

This has possibly been answered before.

I keep getting an icon on my desktop named only with ~ (tilde).
Anyone know how to get rid of it and what it actually does and why it keeps
coming back after deletion?

--
Derham

---

gb

http://www.tomax7.com/office/tilde.htm

gb

"Derek Hamilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40cc3cee$(E-Mail Removed)...
| This has possibly been answered before.
|
| I keep getting an icon on my desktop named only with ~ (tilde).
| Anyone know how to get rid of it and what it actually does and why it
keeps
| coming back after deletion?
|
| --
| Derham
|

| ---

Kenny

It's a copy of your address book, open it in Notepad to see. It was caused
by one of the Windows updates, don't know which one. Check for newer
Windows updates and it should stop it appearing.

--

Kenny

"Derek Hamilton" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:40cc3cee$(E-Mail Removed)...
> This has possibly been answered before.
>
> I keep getting an icon on my desktop named only with ~ (tilde).
> Anyone know how to get rid of it and what it actually does and why it

keeps
> coming back after deletion?
>
> --
> Derham