Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Printer/Fax Rings after numerous rings which is strange

Printer/Fax Rings after numerous rings which is strange

just ask

OK...I just took notice after setting the settings for manul rather than
tel/fax that after someone (they need to get a life) lets the phone rings
more than 10 times (after 5 that should tell you something) my printer/fax
starts to ring. I do have an answer mahcine hooked into a phone jack but it
is turned off...meaning that there is no power getting to it. I just want
to know why all of a sudden now the printer rings after 10 when it should
not. Never done it before. I wish some people would just get a life after 5
rings...I have caller ID and do screen my calls like most of the world.

°Mike°

I'm curious ... what does this mean, to "get a life
after 5 rings"?

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 20:56:04 GMT, in
<E5Kyc.7685$(E-Mail Removed)>
just ask scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

just ask

Mike,

5 rings...if I do not answer then why let the darn phone continue to ring?
If I am on the phone with someone I do not answer and I am sure some folks
do the same thing. I think it is just annoying for people to let it ring
after 5 times knowing that maybe just so and so is not going to answer or
maybe not at home. Now I do forward my calls to my cell when I leave the
house. Still the same thing...some people just do not learn. I did have
that sprint message line but it also became annoying...line would not let
you dial out until you answered you voicemail box. So I got rid of that.
All of sudden now my printer wants to ring when I do not pick it up and that
is just strange to me. I am guessing if I unhook the answer machine maybe
it won't do that. But the answer machine is turned off...no electric
getting to it but is it still plugged into the phone jack.

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
I'm curious ... what does this mean, to "get a life
after 5 rings"?

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 20:56:04 GMT, in
<E5Kyc.7685$(E-Mail Removed)>
just ask scrawled:

>OK...I just took notice after setting the settings for manul rather than
>tel/fax that after someone (they need to get a life) lets the phone rings
>more than 10 times (after 5 that should tell you something) my printer/fax
>starts to ring. I do have an answer mahcine hooked into a phone jack but

it
>is turned off...meaning that there is no power getting to it. I just want
>to know why all of a sudden now the printer rings after 10 when it should
>not. Never done it before. I wish some people would just get a life after

5
>rings...I have caller ID and do screen my calls like most of the world.

--
Basic computer maintenance

°Mike°

I see. Some people (quite a lot) don't think "mobile/cell"
when they make a call, nor do they assume that everybody
answers the call in the first two rings; which they certainly
do not. I was just curious what you meant by it.

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 21:17:54 GMT, in
<6qKyc.7689$(E-Mail Removed)>
just ask scrawled: