Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Uninstalling Problems. Advice Requested, Please

Uninstalling Problems. Advice Requested, Please

Robert11

Hello:

Have a program from Canon (Easy photoprint) that I recently installed from
the CD that
was supplied with a new printer. Running W98.

I have tried to install an updated version of the program that is available
from a download from
their site. It would not install.

Canon told me that I must uninstall the old version first.

O.K., but their uninstaller that came with the program will not work.
Also tried uninstalling it from the Control Panel (apparently it calls up
the same uninstaller), and it
also would not work. Get the following error message:

" The log file C\Program files\Canon\easyphotoprint\uninstisu' is not
valid or the data has been corrupted.
Uninstall will not continue "

Am a bit leary about going in manually, and just deleting everything I can
find related to the program.
Past experience doing uninstalls this way seem to leave bits and pieces all
over the system, the registry, etc.

Would appreciate any thoughts on what i should do to un-install their
program ?
Should I use the manual approach ? (I don't want to go anywhere near the
registry; very unfamiliar with it.)

Is there (hopefully free) any third party uninstaller I can download that
"might" work better ?

Thanks,
Bob

°Mike°

The reason for the error message, is that you corrupted
the uninstall information by trying to install the newer
version, without uninstalling the old. You should delete
the entire Photoprint folder (from Safe Mode if necessary),
and then run a registry clean BEFORE installing the new.
See my signature.

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 17:04:02 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Robert11 scrawled:

>Hello:
>
>Have a program from Canon (Easy photoprint) that I recently installed from
>the CD that
>was supplied with a new printer. Running W98.
>
>I have tried to install an updated version of the program

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance