Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Hard Disk Eraser Worm Dangerous: Symantec

Hard Disk Eraser Worm Dangerous: Symantec

TechNews

anon Mumbai June 11 2004

According to Symantec Security, a new virus called VBS.Pub that was
first spotted last week, possess a high damage potential. The virus
reads the system date information and if the day is found to be 6th,
13th, 21st, or 28th, the worm will delete all the files from the
computer, claimed Symantec.

The worm affects all Windows operating systems except Windows 3.x.
However, DOS, Linux, Macintosh, Novell Netware, OS/2, and UNIX systems
will not be threatened ...

http://snipurl.com/70j8

http://www.cxotoday.com/cxo/jsp/inde...p&storyid=1052

--
Reliability:Speed:Security:Linux

Toolman Tim

TechNews wrote:
> anon Mumbai June 11 2004
>
> According to Symantec Security, a new virus called VBS.Pub that was
> first spotted last week, possess a high damage potential. The virus
> reads the system date information and if the day is found to be 6th,
> 13th, 21st, or 28th, the worm will delete all the files from the
> computer, claimed Symantec.

> The worm affects all Windows operating systems except Windows 3.x.
> However, DOS, Linux, Macintosh, Novell Netware, OS/2, and UNIX systems
> will not be threatened ...
>
> http://snipurl.com/70j8

http://www.cxotoday.com/cxo/jsp/inde...p&storyid=1052

And so far, Symantec reports 49 computers infected. BIG FAT F****** DEAL!
For the idiots not keeping their AV software up to date, maybe they deserve
a wake up call...

Plato

TechNews wrote:

> According to Symantec Security, a new virus called VBS.Pub that was
> first spotted last week, possess a high damage potential. The virus

Then dont install it. It's always your choice.

--
http://www.bootdisk.com/