Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Mouse Problem

Mouse Problem

Bev

When I turn off my computer the mouse stays on. If I turn off the
power at the wall socket the mouse light goes off and stays off when I
turn on the power again. A friend said the mouse might be in stand-by
mode - I went into control and clicked on mouse but could find nothing
to help (I have W9 Does anyone know where I can find stand-by to
check? I guess it could be something else - it's a small problem but
annoying

Bev
--
The email of the species is more deadly than the mail.

°Mike°

So what's your problem, exactly?

On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 07:51:02 +1200, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Bev scrawled:

--
Basic computer maintenance

Sonnsa Beechis

°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> So what's your problem, exactly?

The problem is I want the mouse to turn off when the computer does dickweed.

> On Sat, 12 Jun 2004 07:51:02 +1200, in
> <(E-Mail Removed)>
> Bev scrawled:
>
>>When I turn off my computer the mouse stays on. If I turn off
>>the power at the wall socket the mouse light goes off and stays
>>off when I turn on the power again. A friend said the mouse
>>might be in stand-by mode - I went into control and clicked on
>>mouse but could find nothing to help (I have W9 Does anyone
>>know where I can find stand-by to check? I guess it could be
>>something else - it's a small problem but annoying
>>
>>Bev

°Mike°

On 11 Jun 2004 20:56:57 GMT, in
<Xns9505AC7641FA1raex@130.133.1.4>
Sonnsa Beechis scrawled:

>°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed):
>
>> So what's your problem, exactly?
>>

>The problem is I want the mouse to turn off when the computer does dickweed.

How does a computer do dickweed?

<snip>

--
Basic computer maintenance

Sonnsa Beechis

°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> How does a computer do dickweed?

With its teeth dumbshit.

Toolman Tim

Sonnsa Beechis wrote:
> °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

>> How does a computer do dickweed?
>>

> With its teeth dumbshit.

Okay - this is going nowhere <g>

What *kind* of mouse is it? How do you know it is *on*?

--
Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most. ~M. Twain

°Mike°

On 12 Jun 2004 00:00:08 GMT, in
<Xns9505CB856DF0Draex@130.133.1.4>
Sonnsa Beechis scrawled:

>°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>news:(E-Mail Removed):
>

>> How does a computer do dickweed?
>>

>With its teeth dumbshit.

What's "teeth dumbshit"?

--

Toolman Tim wrote:

> Sonnsa Beechis wrote:
> > °Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> > news:(E-Mail Removed):
> >

> >> How does a computer do dickweed?
> >>

> > With its teeth dumbshit.

> Okay - this is going nowhere <g>
>
> What *kind* of mouse is it? How do you know it is *on*?
>
> --
> Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most. ~M. Twain

It is a microsoft optical mouse that lights up with a red light on the
end and underneath when the computer is on. Normally the lights go off
when I turn off the computer. I'm sorry if people found this confusing.

Bev
--

Bev wrote:
>> Toolman Tim wrote:
>>
>> What *kind* of mouse is it? How do you know it is *on*?
>>

> It is a microsoft optical mouse that lights up with a red light on the
> end and underneath when the computer is on. Normally the lights go
> off when I turn off the computer. I'm sorry if people found this
> confusing.
>
> Bev

Okay - that explains it. Most newer computers, when turned off via the
"shutdown" command, still have a small power circuit on. There's a good
reason for this: without that power, you can't turn it back on (the power
switch sends a signal, not actually turning power on or off). So, that power
also goes to the keyboard and mouse. Why? Because some system allow
themselves to be turned back on by a mouse movement/click or keyboard
key-combination. So the power on the mouse is normal. Okay with that so far?
So you have two choices: turn off the computer, then kill the AC at the
switch/wall socket, or ignore it.

--
Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most. ~M. Twain

Sonnsa Beechis

°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in news:40ce49d0.24423609
@localhost.dot.net:

> On 12 Jun 2004 00:00:08 GMT, in
> <Xns9505CB856DF0Draex@130.133.1.4>
> Sonnsa Beechis scrawled:
>
>>°Mike° <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>>news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>

>>> How does a computer do dickweed?
>>>

>>With its teeth dumbshit.

> What's "teeth dumbshit"?

Its an acronym for that pitiful mass of useless material between your ears.