Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Driver Question: Where To Look For Driver Version, etc. ?

Driver Question: Where To Look For Driver Version, etc. ?

Robert11

Hello:

Running W98 on a 5 yr old Dell Dimension

Just loaded some Canon photo printer software for a new photo printer.
All seems to work well.

But looking on Canon's page, it appears that there "might" be a new Driver
available for one of the programs (Easy PhotoPrint).

My questions are:

a. Where do I look in my system to determine the Driver version that was
actually installed for this program
when I loaded the software from their CD ?

b. If the driver they are apparently offering is actually a newer version,
does it replace the older one (automatically) when I install it ?

Any gotchas, etc., to be aware of when installing the new one ?

Thanks,
Bob

bardeban

go to alt.computer.drivers.wanted

"Robert11" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello:
>
> Running W98 on a 5 yr old Dell Dimension
>
> Just loaded some Canon photo printer software for a new photo printer.
> All seems to work well.
>
> But looking on Canon's page, it appears that there "might" be a new Driver
> available for one of the programs (Easy PhotoPrint).
>
> My questions are:
>
> a. Where do I look in my system to determine the Driver version that was
> actually installed for this program
> when I loaded the software from their CD ?
>
> b. If the driver they are apparently offering is actually a newer

version,
> does it replace the older one (automatically) when I install it ?
>
> Any gotchas, etc., to be aware of when installing the new one ?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob

°Mike°

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:37:42 -0400, in
<(E-Mail Removed)>
Robert11 scrawled:

>Hello:
>
>Running W98 on a 5 yr old Dell Dimension
>
>Just loaded some Canon photo printer software for a new photo printer.
>All seems to work well.
>
>But looking on Canon's page, it appears that there "might" be a new Driver
>available for one of the programs (Easy PhotoPrint).
>
>My questions are:
>
>a. Where do I look in my system to determine the Driver version that was
>actually installed for this program
>when I loaded the software from their CD ?

Use Everest
http://www.lavalys.com/index.php?pag...ew=1&subpage=1

>b. If the driver they are apparently offering is actually a newer version,
>does it replace the older one (automatically) when I install it ?

Yes.

>Any gotchas, etc., to be aware of when installing the new one ?

Ask yourself if you actually NEED the driver; if it ain't broke,
don't fix it. If the new driver gives you added features, or
fixes bugs, AND it's from the software authors, then there
should be no problem, but that's not guaranteed.

--
Basic computer maintenance