Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > install problems

install problems

homer

Hi,
can some one please tell me how to install a DVD ROM and a Writer on a
Computer as when I install them I get two beeps fro my motherboard and then
pc boots up but does not recognise the motherboard it happen weather I
install them on the primary or secondary slave. It works when I install the
could writer and DVD RAM vice verca the DVD RAM being on the primary and
the other method DVD rom being on primary..

if some one please help it would be much appreciated ,

-----
azher

Keith

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:16:53 +0100,
homer <> wrote:
> Hi,
> can some one please tell me how to install a DVD ROM and a Writer on a
> Computer as when I install them I get two beeps fro my motherboard and then
> pc boots up but does not recognise the motherboard it happen weather I
> install them on the primary or secondary slave. It works when I install the
> could writer and DVD RAM vice verca the DVD RAM being on the primary and
> the other method DVD rom being on primary..
>

> if some one please help it would be much appreciated ,

Check to make sure that you have set the devices for master or slave mode,
some devices also allow cable select. Consult the DVD manual or do a search
at google.com for a manul for your units.

--
Best Regards, Keith
http://kilowatt-radio.org/ NW Oregon Radio Page

Smoker

"homer" <iamathome.com> wrote in message
news:40c8978b$0$20509$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hi,
> can some one please tell me how to install a DVD ROM and a Writer on a
> Computer as when I install them I get two beeps fro my motherboard and

then
> pc boots up but does not recognise the motherboard it happen weather I
> install them on the primary or secondary slave. It works when I install

the
> could writer and DVD RAM vice verca the DVD RAM being on the primary and
> the other method DVD rom being on primary..
>

> if some one please help it would be much appreciated ,
>
> -----

2 beeps could indicate a memory error. Or a video card error. Depends on
your BIOS and what the beeps sound like, 2 short beeps, one short beep then
a long beep? Please try to be explicit. The more details you give the better
we will be able to help you.

What do you mean by, "pc boots up but does not recognize the motherboard?"

What is the difference between your DVD ROM and your DVD RAM?

As a guess, I suggest you try putting both your DVD and Writer on the same
IDE channel. And make sure your jumpers are set properly, if applicable.

homer

"Smoker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:EFayc.7435$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "homer" <iamathome.com> wrote in message
> news:40c8978b$0$20509$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> > can some one please tell me how to install a DVD ROM and a Writer on a
> > Computer as when I install them I get two beeps fro my motherboard and

> then
> > pc boots up but does not recognise the motherboard it happen weather I
> > install them on the primary or secondary slave. It works when I install

> the
> > could writer and DVD RAM vice verca the DVD RAM being on the primary

and
> > the other method DVD rom being on primary..
> >

> > if some one please help it would be much appreciated ,
> >
> > -----

> 2 beeps could indicate a memory error. Or a video card error. Depends on
> your BIOS and what the beeps sound like, 2 short beeps, one short beep

then
> a long beep? Please try to be explicit. The more details you give the

better
> we will be able to help you.
>
> What do you mean by, "pc boots up but does not recognize the motherboard?"
>
> What is the difference between your DVD ROM and your DVD RAM?
>
> As a guess, I suggest you try putting both your DVD and Writer on the same
> IDE channel. And make sure your jumpers are set properly, if applicable.

hi,

was just the jumpers not being set.

regards

azher

homer

"Smoker" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:EFayc.7435$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "homer" <iamathome.com> wrote in message
> news:40c8978b$0$20509$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hi,
> > can some one please tell me how to install a DVD ROM and a Writer on a
> > Computer as when I install them I get two beeps fro my motherboard and

> then
> > pc boots up but does not recognise the motherboard it happen weather I
> > install them on the primary or secondary slave. It works when I install

> the
> > could writer and DVD RAM vice verca the DVD RAM being on the primary

and
> > the other method DVD rom being on primary..
> >

> > if some one please help it would be much appreciated ,
> >
> > -----

> 2 beeps could indicate a memory error. Or a video card error. Depends on
> your BIOS and what the beeps sound like, 2 short beeps, one short beep

then
> a long beep? Please try to be explicit. The more details you give the

better
> we will be able to help you.
>
> What do you mean by, "pc boots up but does not recognize the motherboard?"
>
> What is the difference between your DVD ROM and your DVD RAM?
>
> As a guess, I suggest you try putting both your DVD and Writer on the same
> IDE channel. And make sure your jumpers are set properly, if applicable.
>
> thx for ure help was just the jumper settings.

azher