Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > getting file from web

getting file from web

Hans Schmidt

How to get a file from web in Powerbasic 7?

I would like to get a file like
http://www.somewebsiteplace.com/filename.html and save filename.html
to HDD. A short simple program would be helpful.

Unk

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:29:59 +0100, Hans Schmidt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>How to get a file from web in Powerbasic 7?
>
>I would like to get a file like
>http://www.somewebsiteplace.com/filename.html and save filename.html
>to HDD. A short simple program would be helpful.

From Internet Explorer, click File, "Save As.."

why?

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:29:59 +0100, Hans Schmidt wrote:

>How to get a file from web in Powerbasic 7?

www.google.com usually, and its really easy and won't take you very
long.

>I would like to get a file like
>http://www.somewebsiteplace.com/filename.html and save filename.html
>to HDD. A short simple program would be helpful.

From
http://www.powerbasic.com/products/compiler.asp
In a sense, PB/Win is actually two compilers in one. In addition to
great executables, it also creates industry standard DLLs. These code
modules can be used with PB/Win, PB/CC, Visual Basic, Delphi, or
virtually other programming language to keep code modular, or add
capabilities that just aren't possible elsewhere. That's the way VB
programmers use PowerBASIC DLLs to speed up critical portions of their
code! Of course, PowerBASIC for Windows is a great complement to PB/CC,
as it can compile DLLs compatible with console applications.

I guess instead of creating a DLL, you could try looking for a freeware
DLL (VB/Delphi) that fetches webpages and use that in your PB7
application.

Near the bottom of this page
http://www.powerbasic.com/files/pub/demos/
Try PB/Xtra III, the Programmer's Reference Collection. A CDROM with
over 600 megabytes of source code, libraries, freeware & shareware
files,

Maybe there is a utility that already exists.

See the Internet section for applications
http://www.powerbasic.com/files/pub/tree.asp

PB libaries
http://www.programmersheaven.com/

discussion
http://www.talkaboutprogramming.com/...ic.powerbasic/

newsgroup
alt.lang.powerbasic

After all those hints, how about this, see if you can find where this
came from. Final hint it appears on 2 of 4 the sites just mentioned.

Read this next bit carefully ------- >>>>> Built-in support for TCP
and UDP means that your application can now communicate with far-away
servers on the Internet or local servers on your Intranet. Send email
messages with SMTP. Download web pages using HTTP. <<<<<<------

Me

Hywel

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Unk says...
> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:29:59 +0100, Hans Schmidt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >How to get a file from web in Powerbasic 7?
> >
> >I would like to get a file like
> >http://www.somewebsiteplace.com/filename.html and save filename.html
> >to HDD. A short simple program would be helpful.

> From Internet Explorer, click File, "Save As.."

How about "in Powerbasic 7"?

--
Hywel I do not eat quiche
http://kibo.org.uk/

Unk

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 18:15:45 +0100, Hywel <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, Unk says...
>> On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 17:29:59 +0100, Hans Schmidt <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >How to get a file from web in Powerbasic 7?
>> >
>> >I would like to get a file like
>> >http://www.somewebsiteplace.com/filename.html and save filename.html
>> >to HDD. A short simple program would be helpful.

>> From Internet Explorer, click File, "Save As.."

>How about "in Powerbasic 7"?

Import it.