Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Non-printable characters in PDF files...

Non-printable characters in PDF files...

Murgi

Several clients have ben supplying translation work in PDF format. These are
service manuals which contain lots of tables. The manufacturer puts red
colored numbers beside each expression in the table. They are clearly
visible, but don't show up on my laser printer copies (black&white).
I can't ask the person who does the PDF numbering since there is an agency
in between...

Does anybody know how to input printable red numbers into a PDF file?...
well, at least printable in black ink.
I assume that the person who prepares the PDF file doesn't do it correctly.
I'd like to tell the client how to do it correctly, so that I don't have to
write all numbers by hand into the manuscript. It's a real pain in the neck.

Any hint is appreciated.

Murgi