Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Quick Excel question

Quick Excel question

Murgi

I need to deliver a translation in Excel to my client today...

If there are 2 or 3 expressions to be typed in one cell, how can I get Excel
recognize a "line break"? Pressing ENTER brings the cursor into the next
cell...

Right now a cell looks like that:

cat dog chicken

I want to look it like this one:

cat
dog
chicken

Thanks,
Murgi

Toolman Tim

Murgi wrote:
> I need to deliver a translation in Excel to my client today...
>
> If there are 2 or 3 expressions to be typed in one cell, how can I
> get Excel recognize a "line break"? Pressing ENTER brings the cursor
> into the next cell...
>

> Right now a cell looks like that:
>
> cat dog chicken
>
> I want to look it like this one:
>
> cat
> dog
> chicken
>

> Thanks,
> Murgi

Hi, Murgi! This is easy: hold the ALT key and press enter. Good luck!

--
Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most. ~M. Twain

Murgi

> Hi, Murgi! This is easy: hold the ALT key and press enter. Good luck!

Haha... this must have been a very dumb question!

Tanks a lot! Now I can do a proper job and deliver even before the deadline
passes...

Sigi

Toolman Tim

Murgi wrote:
>> Hi, Murgi! This is easy: hold the ALT key and press enter. Good luck!
>>

> Haha... this must have been a very dumb question!
>
> Tanks a lot! Now I can do a proper job and deliver even before the
> deadline passes...
>

> Sigi

Not dumb at all...it took me a few minutes to figure it out (years ago).

--
Of all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most. ~M. Twain

Quick question, hopefully quick answer. ~misfit~ NZ Computing 114 01-06-2005 01:36 PM
Quick Question Quick Answer JKop C++ 11 05-24-2004 09:46 PM
Quick Restore for a Compaq not so quick! Croos Bustamunky Computer Support 2 05-15-2004 04:17 AM

Advertisments